“Poorly run motel”

La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Gretna
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with my mother and will not be staying here again. While the staff members were pleasant and friendly, we did not get the suite we had booked, so we ended up in a standard double which was lackluster in appearance and decorum. It was on the second floor far from the main lobby, as opposed to the suite that would have been right above the main lobby, easing the accessible distance for my mom with painful physical ailments. The only elevator smelled so badly of motor oil and BO that we opted to use the stairs in spite of the pains my mom suffered.
The complimentary breakfast provided daily was nice and simple, located in the main lobby which had more attractive decor than any other part of the motel. Even when looking for simplicity, I prefer my accommodations more on the "updated" side in style, decor and reliability of the space reserved.

Room Tip: The suites are the most convenient and best maintained rooms. I wouldn't stay in a standard roo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank K I

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel was very busy but I had asked if we could upgrade on the first day as we needed a fridge. Sorry, no, maybe in a couple days. I was not thrilled where our room was located as it was at the far end of the hallway. After a couple days, I asked again to transfer to a room with a fridge, it seemed like they didn't want to do it but did it anyway. Also, when we asked if there was a transit system near by, no one knew. I would have thought that hotel employees would be able to answer these kind of questions. Breakfast left alot to be desired.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eliza s
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room was disgusting. We only stayed one night so that we could go to a Saint's game. Thank goodness because I wouldn't have lasted much longer than a night. The room was not clean. There was a loogie in the sink (or so I assume it was, it was yellowish and gooey). There was toothpaste left on the towel. The bathroom floor had pubic hair everywhere. The shower head was extremely low. The beds were hard. The cable continuously went in and out. The elevator smelled like death.... it was just a terrible stay, ESPECIALLY for the money spent. I would never recommend this stay to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

First room smelled strongly of urine. We switched to a second room and it smelled the same. It was also a bad area that made us worry that our cars would be broken into even with the roaming security guard. We emptied our cars into the room just to feel safer. Staff was frindly though. Something needs to be done to bring this lication up to normal La Quinta standards.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Unfortunately after receiving great customer service at check in I was a bit dissapointed with the overall stay. Customer service was good through the three days I stayed and they did clean my room each day, but the hotel itself needed some cleaning up. My room had a very odd odor as soon as I walked in as if it had been cleaned with dirty water. I was hoping to utilize the pool and there was a decent pool but the pool area including the pool was dirty my entire stay. The iron in my room did not work well, but was changed out when I left a note with housekeepking. Breakfast was the usual LQ breakfast setup so no real complaints there. With their great customer service if they clean the place up it could be a really decent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I are several times a year visitors to the New Orleans Westbank area and we would not stay at any other hotel but LaQuina in Gretna. Staff is always friendly and helpful and cleanliness of rooms are tops! We always enjoy our stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Breese, Illinois, USA
Reviewed August 26, 2012

everything was great,staff,room and location.when i go back that's my place.i do wish they would have a larger menu.need more food for breakfest like egg's bacon,bisket's gravy.a hot breakfest would make the stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Comfort Suites New Orleans
Central Business District
Royal St Charles Hotel
Royal St Charles Hotel
#66 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna? Share your experiences!