“Suprisingly Nice!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Gretna
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Suprisingly Nice!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This hotel is situated in a good location if you don't want to stay IN New Orleans. At first we were a little concerned about the area but we didn't encounter any problems. The hotel does have security on staff so that made us sleep a bit better. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy.

The only downfall is that the walls are kind of thin. You couldn't hear TV's or conversation but we did hear a child screaming in the room behind us. We became concerned about his/her welfare and had security check on him/her.

We would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank love-melinda
lq0579gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Love-Melinda,

On behalf of my team and I we would like to thank you for your positive review. We're glad you chose us for your stay while visiting New Orleans and look forward to your return.

Christopher Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Pocahontas, Arkansas
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Like many, I under estimated the time in advance I should have booked my room!! I have enjoyed reading the reviews, that has helped ease me some! We will be there this weekend, and I'm nervous about the location. Are Taxi cab's expensive to get to the downtown area? Or is there another source of transporation to get there? This is my husbands first trip to New Orleans and I want him to have a great time!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkAmy
Hi Mark & Amy,

Thank you so much for posting your questions, there're great ones! We reccomend West Bank Taxi service which offers a standard taxi cab for up to 5 people at an incredible cost of just $17 to anywhere in the French Quarter and the Port of New Orleans if you're taking a cruise. Often times our guests get the number for the cab that dropped them off to pick them up later in the evening. A standard cab charging a meter fee should be about $15 to $20 for about 2 guests depending on traffic. There is public transportation that runs on limited hours and a free ferry from Algiers Point (7 minute drive) that runs until 12 midnight. All of which our front desk team members can assist you with. We're here for you! Happy New Years and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Boracay
Reviewed December 15, 2011

like many others, i began looking at downtown sites, but this motel is excellently located for anyone looking for an overnight stay prior to taking one of the cruise ships out of NO. It is a short 4-5 minute drive over the bridge to the cruise terminal. Breakfast was not as good as the Los Angeles airport la quinta, but still filling and adequate assortment. Surprised that we could leave our car at the hotel during the length of our cruise at no cost. counting the taxi fares, this amounted to a savings of around $100 on parking fees. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Our room was newly painted and spotless...felt as if this had been a rundown motel that La Quinta was steadly renovating. also, were surprised that the motel is on the parking lot area of a large shopping mall...and some short walking distance to restaurants. so...overall...for the cost difference of staying in downtown NO...this is an excellent alternative thats just a 'stones throw' from downtown NO.

Room Tip: we stayed in the back row of rooms top floor...only negative...internet signal was very low and that...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank PencilsPoints
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response. I'm glad you found our location most accomodating for your cruise out of New Orleans, we're popular for that and parking so far is free (still the best kept secret in New Orleans).

Regarding our hotel, I have an internet upgrade in progress and scheduled to be complete in within the next few months for those few rooms on the 3rd floor that have a weak signal. I just wanted you and other guests reading this that we've been listening and have heard you.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you back for your next cruise!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I really wanted to stay downtown in New Orleans but my family was on the WestBank and I came across this hotel. The staff was wonderful I even experienced a problem in a room and the agent Romeo was more than helpful. Nathan was also a huge help by providing me directions and a wonderful place to eat with my family. The only thing that was not good was the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank TManchen
Dear Tmanchen,

Thank you for taking your time to inform us and all our potential guests about the great service you received. We always appreciate compliments and I'm proud to hear that Romeo and Nathan were able to make your stay with us a great one.

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The motel advertises that it was renovated but is very shabby looking. Door to room had to be slammed to shut properly. For the money? Uh uh.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mng1987

Travelers are raving about these Gretna hotels

Fort Walton Beach, FL
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I would not recommend this motel if you want an unforgettable visit to the Crescent City, but it sufficed for our reason-moving a son into grad school. It's very close to downtown N.O.- just across the Hwy 90 bridge, although it does cost $1.00 to get back into N.O. The $1.00 is not bad considering most hotels in the city charge for parking.The entrance was hard to find, but we finally got that down pat. There is an IHop that shares the parking lot. It was clean and had a good breakfast. I would not recommend any other meal there. My husband had a Philly cheese sandwich for lunch and it was very unappetizing. I didn't order anything but coffee. We drove into "town", but this IHop was the only chain we saw near the motel.
The lobby boded well, but our room was very disappointing. The bathroom was tiny. The toilet almost sat in the bathtub. Then the area around the motel and the clientele made me slightly uncomfortable. On check-out, my husband did not check our bill and I later discovered and overcharge of one day. We had shortened our stay by one day and even though we gave sufficient notice, we were charged for it. We had to go back, but it was corrected with no problem. We checked out early because we decided we had rather sleep on a futon in our son's apartment that stay one more night in this motel. He at least had a spacious bathroom.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed overnight in this hotel the night before a cruise. This is a great, inexpensive hotel for cruisers. It's close to the port and there is an IHOP within walking distance. Like many La Quinta's it's in dire need of renovation, but it's a great stayover for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Central Business District
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown

Been to La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna? Share your experiences!