“Great location, great price”

La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Gretna
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I stay here once a month for business reasons. The employees are great, only once did I have an issue with one, but worked it out between ourselves after I reminded her I was the customer.
Location is perfect for my stay. Price is very good for the area. New Orleans is pretty expensive. I just need a room for a shower and to sleep. I am gone by the next morning around 4:30 am.
The breakfast us usually pretty basic, but good. There is a Denny's right in the parking lot and a Shell Station next to that.
The rooms are clean, the beds are the normal innerspring mattress type. My room normally has a small fridge, microwave and decent cable channels.
There are no good views, it is right off the expressway and close to everything you need.
There is on site security each time I stayed. Parking is good, close to the room. Many police use the Denny's in the parking lot. There are normally several police cars there when I leave in the morning.
There are no luxury amenities at this hotel. There are a lot of workers that stay here, I see a lot of company type trucks parked in the lot.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna

Reviewed March 10, 2011

We spent three nights at LaQuinta West Bank and were completely satisfied. Our room was spacious with all amenities, well-cleaned each day, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel is just across the bridge from New Orleans and all the attractions, but much more affordable than the hotels in the French Quarter. The breakfast area was a bit small and tended to be crowded at certain times, but the cleanliness made up for any wait. A hostess was busy with a spray disinfectant which she used liberally on tables, waffle maker handles, juice dispensers, and other areas that received a lot of handling. We inadvertantly left some clothing in a drawer and called the hotel a few days later. They checked , found our items and held them until we went through on our return trip. Front desk staff was personable and willing to chat about the area etc., and a night security person was seen making his rounds whenever we were coming or going. All in all, our stay was a positive experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Betty668988
Reviewed March 5, 2011

My husband and I and our yellow lab stayed for a couple of nights while visiting New Orleans. This La Quinta is located just outside of the city...a 10 minute drive to French Qtr. Property was well-maintained. Room was very clean. Other guests we interacted with were courteous. Service was very pleasant and effective. We had trouble pulling up the button to use shower, and maintenance person came to our room almost immediately after we phoned front desk. Breakfast plentiful. First evening, we heard doors slamming, but not to the degree that our stay was negatively impacted. So pleased they accept pets and still provide clean, pleasant facility. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
lq0579gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2011

Dear Novelty1234,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found my team to be hospitable and accommodating. It's through positive comments like yours that keep our team going with our goal to make every guests experience a positive one.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back in New Orleans with us soon.

Here for you,

Reviewed March 5, 2011

What was unsurpassed at this Hotel was the service. The Staff who checked me in was fast, friendly, highly knowledgeable, and so accommodating. ONE person in particular was KIM. She was the epitome of customer satisfaction and the reason anyone there would come back to be served. She excelled in providing smiles, graciousness, hospitality, generosity with caring, and oh my word was she exuberant in just being helpful. i passed up IHOP to try the food at the hotel, and Kim just made it a wonderful choice. Give her a raise... she made all the guests feel so welcome and appreciated for being there. Thank you Kim!!!!

Fitting well:
The Hotel accommodations were adequate fro my needs. Room was great for what I needed: two double beds, coffee pot with coffee, television, wake up service, and a bathroom with all the complimentary needs, and an Iron, board, and hangers. Plenty of room for the desk and chair as well. There was a Security Guard who patrolled often... and he gave great help as well. There is a small Mall next door... an added plus, and it is near the freeway, but you cannot hear the noise.

Some mediocre things were:
The air conditioner was noisy, but it worked. The room smelled of lingering stale cigarettes odor, but it was very clean. The people in the room above mine liked jumping on the floor, but there was some insulation for noise between rooms. It was also very comfy and cozy. There is no shuttle to assist with travel, but the taxis come quite often, and some are very helpful. Getting a taxi back will cost more up to $10.00, and it is off meter.

I would definitely recommend this Hotel for anyone wanting to stay just on the outskirts

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Dear RLM55,

Thank you for taking your time to share your great experience regarding your most recent stay. Furthermore, words can't describe comforting it was to read how much Kim impacted your stay. She is truly an asset to our team and like you shared, really sets the bar high in the service she provides to all of our guests alike.

I have shared your comments with my entire team and especially thanked Kim for her job well done. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest with us during such a great time in New Orleans, we look forward to having you back soon when we have our new flat screen TV’s, pillows and state of the art coffee makers!

Here for you,

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I stayed at the La Quinta for four nights while attending a convention at the New Orleans Convention Center. The cost was $42 per night, which was amazingly low for a motel of this high quality. My large room was clean and had a small refrigerator. My bed was large and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendy. There was an excellent free continental breakfast each mornings, with cereal, rolls, fruits and waffles. The pool looked clean, although I did not use it.

There is a modern shopping mall with a food court adjacent to the motel. The motel is near an elevated interstate highway, but I could not hear any traffic noise in my room.

A public bus stops near the hotel and operates on every day of the week except Sunday. The bus travels on the interstate, crosses a bridge over the Mississipi (great view from the bridge) and reaches the central business district in New Orleans within ten minutes. There is a modern shopping mall with a food court adjacent to the motel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2010

dirty bad room ,bad management !!!! cca 5 km from downtown

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
lq0579gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know how we fell short of your expectations.

We apologize that your experience was not what you expected. We continually strive to provide a service that is superior in every respect, and it is through the constructive comments of our comments of our customers that we are able to correct problems that might not otherwise come to our attention. Please be assured that the appropriate corrections are made to ensure this remains an isolated occurrence.

We know you have many choices for your hotel accommodations and hope you will continue to include us in your future travel plans.

I greatly appreciate your business and loyalty to La Quinta.

Reviewed July 8, 2010

So last night I stayed at this hotel as my boyfriend is working in that area of town. Immediately when I walked in the room for the first time, I thought he had just used the bathroom, Literally!!!! It was sooo bad I thought he had been sick. He said he wasnt sick and I asked him if he did not smell the odor? I guess as he had been staying there for three days already perhaps he had gotten use to it. Any perhaps he isnt really bothered by odors. But Im not sure if the odor or the use of some sort of cheap cleaner to try and cover the smell was worse. There is no way in the world I would have stayed there another night. I was never so glad to leave a stinky smelling hotel room in all my life!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Algiers
Federal City Inn & Suites
Federal City Inn & Suites
#78 of 165 in New Orleans

Been to La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna? Share your experiences!