“Not the greatest, but worth giving a try” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Knights Inn Gretna New Orleans West Bank
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Gretna
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not the greatest, but worth giving a try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn Gretna. They have a deal of $140 for a hotel room for a night, buffet breakfast, a shuttle to and from the port, and a parking spot for your car for the week. It ended up being right about $166. The room was not the greatest, but not bad. I guess you get what you pay for. We checked in at 8 PM and there was a line of about 8 families. With only 1 person behind the counter, we waited about 22 minutes in line to check in. Our room smelled like chlorine (and the pool was still closed for winter!). Other than that, no issues. The breakfast consisted of Cheerios, Fruit Loops, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage gravy, bacon, muffins, biscuits, orange and apple juice, milk and coffee. Noting too exciting. All the food was pretty bland/average. Parking was a regular parking lot. Their shuttle leaves every hour, on the hour, starting at 9 AM, and the bus seats probably 30 people. It was about a 20 minute drive/wait in the shuttle (most of that 20 minutes was waiting to get up to the drop off point). After the cruise, we waited about 30 minutes for a return shuttle. Overall, decent hotel and shuttle services and would CONSIDER using them again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside (toward pool area) were said to be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Adam J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I can't believe they put my luggage on my bed when I came back after one day trip!!!!!! And they also forgot to clean my friends room, change towels. We ask the front desk, they promised to call us back but they didn't.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wen Z

Travelers are raving about these Gretna hotels

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel while on conference. This is one of the worst hotels/motels I have ever stayed in. Let me itemize my points of frustration:

1. My toilet broke down. Despite repeated calls to the front desk, no one came to service it.
2. My phone didn't work.
3. Hotel was understaffed and service was incredibly slow. The front desk always had long line-ups. I waited for more than 1 hour for appetizers that I ordered at their restaurant. I finally had to cancel my order because it was taking so long.
4.My room was not service consistently on a daily basis.

I strongly urge anyone staying in New Orleans to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TdotMan
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Four of us had a room here the Friday night before our cruise. The place is old, smelly and dirty. We had a third floor room on the far east side of the building and the only working elevator was on the total opposite corner. It was a pretty long walk with all the luggage. The desk chair was broken and the paint is peeling off the walls and doors. On the bright side - they have a parking package that includes free shuttle to the port. But make sure you book with the parking package which isn't included in an Expedia booking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mkathyrn
Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked a non-smoking, king sized room as part of the park and cruise package. Despite our reservation stating non-smoking, our room had a strong odor of smoke, an ashtray on the desk, and cigarette burns on the toilet seat. When we asked the front desk about the room, they assured us that it was a nonsmoking room and that the ashtray was placed there by mistake and nothing was done to remedy the situation. My husband and I both woke up with scratchy throats and coughs, not the way we wanted to start our cruise.
We could hear the family talking in the room behind ours clearly through the wall. They were not talking loudly but we knew every word they said.
The front desk was very understaffed for the number of people that were trying to check in. Very long lines.

The breakfast matched the quality of the hotel. Simple and the bare minimum service provided.

The shuttle to the ship was fantastic. We were on the first 9AM shuttle and were the first group to board the ship. The return shuttle was terrible. We called and waited. After calling it didn't seem promising that the shuttle would ever come so we took a taxi back.
The parking was ample and well lit and I felt safe leaving my car there for a week.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth M
Taylorville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our group of 8 booked 2 rooms here for one night prior to our January 2013 cruise. Location was easy to find, parking was ample, and rooms were basic but clean. We signed up for the 11 am shuttle at check-in and had no problems whatsoever getting to the port. Our only complaint was the service at the restaurant. We went for the 35 cent wings and $2 beers and what an experience! The restaurant was empty except for one couple. We ordered and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, parts of our meal came out. My sister got her chicken wings and my brother got the fries that came with his sandwich (but no sandwich). Then nothing for 45 minutes. When we finally got the rest of our meal, the sandwiches did not have the toppings on them we had ordered. Getting the missing toppings was a 10 minute ordeal. All in all, we were there an hour and a half and were nearly the only ones in the restaurant. Slowest dining experience I've ever had. Waitress was very apathetic and moved like molasses.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristy W
Clinton Twp, mi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was one of my worse hotel experiences ever. I stayed with my entire extended family in several rooms and we each bought the park-stay-cruise package. We each had our own bad experinces regarding poorly prepared rooms, public restrooms that had a terrible smell and overall bad serve.

My daughter had requested a baby bed with her reservation. It was not available upon arrival. When it was delivered it smelled of urine and my daughter had the baby sleep in her bed.

One of my other daughter's found dirty sheets on her bed. After several hours, she was provided with clean sheets she had to install.

I waited for nearly two hours at the cruise port for my return shuttle. Each time I called, we were told they had 3 shuttles running and they would be there in 15 minutes. Well, I exited the cruise terminal at 10:00 A.M. and did not leave the hotel until 12:30 P.M.

I would not recommend this hotel to a homeless person and will likely never stay at one of your properties again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank maddogal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Days Inn Gretna New Orleans
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna
Courtyard New Orleans Westbank/Gretna
Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Westbank

Been to Knights Inn Gretna New Orleans West Bank? Share your experiences!