“It was torture driving and smelling that sweetness all the way home!”

Antoine's Famous Cakes
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Gretna
New Orleans, Louisiana
“It was torture driving and smelling that sweetness all the way home!”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I almost didn't go because of the reviews on customer service, but mine was great! The lady up front even went to the back to look for the specific queen cake I wanted. When I got home and started eating, I noticed there was an after taste I couldn't deny. Come to find out it was not finished being baked.
I'm from out of town so I was excited to finally get one of these carnival cakes. All the hype on king cakes are over exagerrated. All it is danish bread with filling and icing on top

• Visited January 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“King Cakes at Walgreens!!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Who would have thought that the king cake we got from the Walgreens of Chef in Gentilly would be so delicious. It was so fresh and moist! Also helps that they are black owned!

I am writing this review hoping I will be able to get someone to mail me an Antoine's king cake from Walgreens again this year.

Miss ya New Orleans!!!

Visited February 2011
“The Best King Cake”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

They make the best King Cakes in New Orleans. We get them from here every year.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Peripatetic_Engineer
Atoka, Tennessee
“Horrible! Horrible Customer Service!”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Last year I ordered my daughter's birthday cake...on the day I went to pick it up they had an ADULT luau theme on the cake. Didn't even offer a refund. So, today...one year later, I called back to give them another chance for her 4th birthday, and they totally ignored me...left me on hold for over ten minutes, then when I called them back, they took the phone off of the hook!!!! How Rude! I will NEVER buy another cake from this establishment again!

• Visited May 2011
4 Thank elegant-whispers
“terrible customer service”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The cakes are good. I wish the customer service was. I didnt go in to buy a king cake. I went to purchase a wedding cake. You think when you spend that amount of money you could get some good customer service. My visit was terrible and the 2 times i called to ask a question i got attitude. Yes only 2 times and both was horrible.

• Visited January 2011