“Good dim sum”

Panda King
Ranked #45 of 123 Restaurants in Gretna
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is the best dim sum place in greater New Orleans area. The food is not always consistent but it hit the spot for those who crave for the dim sum. It can be very busy on Sunday. So get there early (before 11am)

1  Thank Mimi L

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I been here a few time, the buffet are not great, very little choice to choose from. I ate 3 different seafood and I was done. The dimsum on sat and Sunday morning are quite good, just the price is higher then some other place I been to. And they take awhile for all the cart to come around. The sitting area r really tight because They try to fit more table in a small space. It was harder to get around especially wit a baby troller. I would avoid the hassle but I do order to go because they have good and fresh dimsum

1  Thank K_tran187
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Probably the best Chinese buffet in the New Orleans area. They also feature some Louisiana dishes. Everything is fresh, staff competent and friendly. They also do a senior discount (over 65).

2  Thank cockney007
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Having moved here from Houston, I've had my fair share of dim sum. Panda King is the only decent place in New Orleans with good dim sum! I went on a Sunday (which was SUPER packed) and they have a decent amount of dim sum variety, hit all the good stuff! They were a bit slow on pushing the food though, but again it was rush hour time I guess. I also took a glance at their buffet, and it is way bigger than your average little Chinese buffet place (will probably go try). And as an architect, and couldn't help but appreciate the many details people miss, and for a simple Chinese restaurant, I can tell they spent extra on the construction. Good Job! Will definitely come back for more.

1  Thank mango1268
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My family and I used to frequent Panda King because of the convenience, value (as buffets go) and the variety, as we each have different tastes. A year ago we went, we dined, and when they brought out the "bill", there were these weevils crawling all over the tiny plastic tray that holds your bill. I immediately asked to speak to the manager who informed me that they originated from the tree outside. I called him a lair, knowing well that these weevils come in rice, not trees! Regretfully, I haven't been back since on this basis: If they can't control a simple thing such as rice weevils, what ELSE is crawling around due to obvious neglect??

2  Thank SpicyCajun