“Mostly about shopping”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Mostly about shopping”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Now we can say we went to the Gretna Green and the blacksmith shop, but I wouldn't go back. There's nice little museum, open only when there's not an imminent wedding, so we had to rush through it, a restaurant, and lot of shops.

Visited October 2012

• Indonesian first
Leeds, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“over comercialised”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Recently stayed in gretna so was a must that we visit the famous gretna blacksmith shop.
Although it was an interesting visit it was more about the shopping than the wedding story and venue . Worth going to say you have been but not over exciting

Visited March 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Day out”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

A little visit whilst staying in Cumbria. Nice shops. Maze was locked up. Nice to visit if your in the area.

Visited February 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Less romance more cash”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very disappointed with my visit to Gretna, the site appears to have become a shoppers centre taking away any romance that once existed when I visited years ago. Whilst here, 3 weddings were conducted like a conveyor belt - brides go in, few minutes pass they come out with a piper, whilst the next bride is seen going in etc etc.... Strange choice of shops that don't appear to reflect the rationale for Gretna (Where's the romance? Edinburgh woolen mill?!!) wouldn't recommend to any prospective bride as appeared very impersonal.

Visited August 2012
Farnborough, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“I don't usually cry at weddings .....”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just returned from Scotland visited Gretna on the way back.

I hadn't exspected to see a wedding ( I don't know why - it hadn't occured to me). I had just come out of the restaurant and there they were - a beautiful young couple ....... all alone ..... having pictures taken in the courtyard. ....... I felt quite emotional. I wish them all the best.

Then the next couple arrived - they were much older, with guests this time. It was lovely to see.

BTW The restaurant is very good I had a delicious meal including an amazing chocolate cake.
I thought the shops were also quite good and not overpriced.

Visited August 2012