“Always good food!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been eating here regularly for about fifteen years. Food is always very good. Love their vegetarian soup (with tofu) but I always add chicken. Great pho!! The area it's in is starting to look a little run down but don't let that put you off. Worth the effort to find it.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am Vietnamese and so all the dishes on the menu here are very familiar to me. I have had them from my mom as well as many restaurants (including those in Vietnam).

The spring rolls were OK (hard to mess these up) but the dipping sauce was a little mild and very plain (I am used to seeing peppers, garlic, and/or pickled carrots floating in the sauce).

The banh mi came out hot and crispy, the chargrilled pork was seasoned nicely but, again, it was missing a few things I am used to seeing.

Finally, the pho. I ordered the combo and had high expectations due to the reviews I have read. The noodles were a little thin and overcooked (was almost mushy), the soup was not very fragrant, and the meats were not what I usually see in a combo (or dac biet) bowl of pho. I was also missing the ngo gai, the leaves traditionally served with pho.

Overall, the food here is good but if you are looking for authentic Vietnamese cuisine, I urge you to look elsewhere.

1  Thank Tmy533
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Vietnamese cuisine was not what I went to New Orleans for but it was a diversion worth taking. I noted Pho Tau Bay from Anthony Bourdain's Layover show and my traveling companions were very keen to go.

The location of this gem betrays the quality hidden inside, though it didn't appear to throw the local intelligentsia off the mark because the lunch crowd was abuzz. So make sure your GPS works if you don't already know how to get there. We were 3 people, but ate for 6 because it was so good! Happiness came in summer rolls, soups, sandwich, noodle and rice dishes.

Memorable and repeatable!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you are Vietnamese or you are looking for authentic Pho, this is not the place. The broth tasted nothing like pho, noodle was still stringy and too much. The meat was cut thick and stale and the whole thing was not hot enough to cook the fresh vesgetable.

Nếu bạn là người Vn, đừng có tin vào những cái lời chỉ dẫn trên Trip Advisor

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've heard of this place for years on TV and the 'net and finally found myself in the area. The strip mall location is downbeat, but inside are nice granite tabletops, awesome food, and friendly folks.

We had the pho, bun with viet eggrolls, and pork banh mi. I eat pho wherever I go, and this was very good. Delicate and flavorful broth. The young lady who served us was nice, and we very much enjoyed talking with the owner's son as we checked out. He told us about his grandfather having several restaurants in Vietnam and coming to Louisiana and starting this great place. Very nice fellow.

This is along perhaps the longer route from New Orleans to home, but we will take it again so we can have some more of that pho.