“Call this a zoo”

Gators and Friends - Alligator Park & Exotic Zoo
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Greenwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Alligator park and exotic zoo.
Longview
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Call this a zoo”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went this past weekend. It was horrible. There is no exotic animals mainly minature horses, deer, and a ton of goats. The animals did not look happy. The gator feeding was a let down. I thought it would be something more than just tossing "dog food" over the edge. Wish we could have saved our money and went somewhere else.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Soccer_taz

Seeley Lake, Montana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Not Quite What I Expected”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was a hot humid day. We arrived here at approximately 1:30 p.m. paid $8 plus tax asked if I wanted to buy a cup of feed for $2. I was there with my daughter, son and grandson who had just turned 3. The animal enclosures seemed dismal. Nothing but dirt in most of them. The only green grass area was one little island in one of the larger gator enclosures with a large shade tree. The horses, goats, cow, camel, etc. not so lucky. Not sure why they called it a petting zoo. There was no petting an animal, unless you petted the pony that you pay an extra $5 to ride twice around a track. There were ropes in front of the fences that said do not cross and you just had to sort of throw the food at the animals. The only way you walked among the animals was along a dirt and gravel path between the ropes and fences. If you can stand to wait until feeding time for the alligators, that lasts all of about 2 minutes, then you can stand in line to hold a baby gator that's mouth is taped shut. You can get your own camera ready to take the picture. I guess that's better than paying an extra $5 for. My grandson did enjoy riding the pony, and that made me happy. I did feel sorry for the animals.

Visited May 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Nice little place”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went to a birthday party here with my 2-10 year old twins. There is an assortment of animals there (deer, kangaroo, alligators (of course), donkeys, ect...). You can buy feed to feed them and it is not expensive. The kids can hold a real small alligator and you can take their picture while they are holding it for free. The birthday party room was nice and large. Accomodated about 20-30 people. The entire park is rather small...can finish up in a little over an hour. The only thing bad I have to say is I do not like the walkways over the gator swamp. You walk right over a "swamp" filled with alligators. Made me feel uncomfortable. The staff walk around to let you know when the next gator feeding is. There are also pony rides available.

Visited April 2013
Bienville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“bad day”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Have a gator farm about 40 minutes from my house instead drove 3 2 year olds 1 1/2 hours away so they could ride the ponies got there only to be told that we had missed the 11:30 feeding because they fed early due to a field trip. So not able to hold gator, then we were told no pony rides due to field trip. was greatly dissappointed, took kids about 30 min to go threw and feed the animals (no hay in sight) then long trip home. Want be back.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank June K
Shreveport
“Worth an hour or two”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

There are gators and assortment of other animals (deer, goat, llama, ponies, a monkey, zebra, camel, duck, lemurs) the kids can feed (for a fee). The staff is friendly. The guy walks around to let everyone know when it's feeding time for the gators! After the feeding you can hold/pet/take a picture with a small gator. That was pretty cool for my kid. Older kids who are used to big zoos may be bored quickly, but for the younger ones who aren't ready for a long trip to Dallas or New Orleans, it's perfect!

The snack bar-ok priced, but NOTHING even remotely healthy. Thankfully, I had food for my toddler.

I'd skip bringing a stroller. The place isn't that big and the path by the animals is mostly rocks (making for a bumpy ride)!

Note, there is no change table in the men's room and there is not a family restroom.

All in all, a good way to spend a morning in nice weather! We stayed for about 2.5 hours, mainly because my toddler loved the monkey and spent awhile watching the gators.

Visited April 2013