“Nice little place”

Gators and Friends - Alligator Park & Exotic Zoo
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Greenwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Alligator park and exotic zoo.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went to a birthday party here with my 2-10 year old twins. There is an assortment of animals there (deer, kangaroo, alligators (of course), donkeys, ect...). You can buy feed to feed them and it is not expensive. The kids can hold a real small alligator and you can take their picture while they are holding it for free. The birthday party room was nice and large. Accomodated about 20-30 people. The entire park is rather small...can finish up in a little over an hour. The only thing bad I have to say is I do not like the walkways over the gator swamp. You walk right over a "swamp" filled with alligators. Made me feel uncomfortable. The staff walk around to let you know when the next gator feeding is. There are also pony rides available.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Have a gator farm about 40 minutes from my house instead drove 3 2 year olds 1 1/2 hours away so they could ride the ponies got there only to be told that we had missed the 11:30 feeding because they fed early due to a field trip. So not able to hold gator, then we were told no pony rides due to field trip. was greatly dissappointed, took kids about 30 min to go threw and feed the animals (no hay in sight) then long trip home. Want be back.

2  Thank June K
Reviewed April 21, 2013

There are gators and assortment of other animals (deer, goat, llama, ponies, a monkey, zebra, camel, duck, lemurs) the kids can feed (for a fee). The staff is friendly. The guy walks around to let everyone know when it's feeding time for the gators! After the feeding you can hold/pet/take a picture with a small gator. That was pretty cool for my kid. Older kids who are used to big zoos may be bored quickly, but for the younger ones who aren't ready for a long trip to Dallas or New Orleans, it's perfect!

The snack bar-ok priced, but NOTHING even remotely healthy. Thankfully, I had food for my toddler.

I'd skip bringing a stroller. The place isn't that big and the path by the animals is mostly rocks (making for a bumpy ride)!

Note, there is no change table in the men's room and there is not a family restroom.

All in all, a good way to spend a morning in nice weather! We stayed for about 2.5 hours, mainly because my toddler loved the monkey and spent awhile watching the gators.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My son and his family wanted to see a gator park when visiting us from Illinois. They thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the 7 yr old was excited about the baby goats and the pony rides not to mention the numerous gators and crocs!!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place was pretty awful. The animals weren't well cared for and I think there was a dead baby deer in one pen. The snack bar was disgusting and the staff was either completely overwhelmed or indifferent. Animal lovers should skip.

2  Thank Sadie S