“Burn it down”

Supreme Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Gonzales
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Sleeping in the field in a tent with an E-tool and an MRE was better than this abomination. Rooms were reserved days in advance but when we arrived after driving 600+ miles there was no one at the reception desk. We waited an hour in the lobby, calling the desk, knocking on the doors. If We could have gone elsewhere we would have. The service, or lack of would have been bad enough by itself......till we went into the room. Horrible in every way conceivable. If there was a way for this place to fail it did, does, and in all likely hood always will. This place would have to be considerably upgraded just to be substandard. If it comes down to sleeping in your trunk or staying here.......sleep in the car.

Room Tip: I only gave it a one because there were no negative numbers optional.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rennie J

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Five of us booked rooms here & all of us had horror stories of the dirty rooms. If I walked barefoot across the room, I had long black hairs stuck on my foot! I dropped something & when I leaned over to pick it up, a huge petrified roach was behind the nightstand. The bathroom was dirty. One man had dirt on his sheets. My towels were stained brown.
The rate was the cheapest so I guess you get what you pay for. But come on! Run the vacuum! Wash the bedding! Clean the bathroom! Ugh

Room Tip: I have nothing. We had rooms at different spots. No one was happy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My company put me up here otherwise I'd have found someplace else. This place is dirty. I found in my room on the floor a tooth pick, I don't use tooth picks. The carpet looks like it hasn't been vacuumed, I found food crumbs in the corner and can be sure it wasn't vacuumed. There were two beds in my room, one had pubic hair in it, so I chose the other to sleep in. For it being a non smoking room there are plenty of cigarette burns in the bedding. The bathroom had no paper on the roll but I lucked out and found a spare roll. The shower looks like it needs a real good scrubbing and only one light works (fluorescent twin bulbs) so it is very dim (probably good so you can't see how nasty the bathroom actually is). Stay here as a last resort, but your better off not staying at all.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The room was big. Split office /study area off of king bed area. Right across from a Tanger outlet. Multiple dining locations. Loud trucks up and down road all day and night. Close to a lot of industrial plants

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the worst hotel we have stayed in in the US. The carpets were filthy everywhere in the hotel. The telephone in the room was so disgusting that we had to put it in a drawer! We didn't want to touch it. The bathroom had not been cleaned properly and the shower rail was rusting almost falling off the wall. Towels were too thin and there wasn't enough toilet paper. Only good point was that the beds were comfortable and it was reasonably quiet. Breakfast was uninspiring and we avoided the cooked part, the boiled eggs. The stair carpet was covered in dirt and obviously hadn't been vacumed recently. I think the health department need to inspect this and close it down until it is cleaned up. It could be a really nice hotel. Price was far too high at 77 dollars.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had stayed here a few years ago at the last minute because all of the other hotels were booked for the state show and it wasnt that great then but we managed for the three days we were there. This time we spent the night since we were just passing through. I've read about bed bugs but have never actually seen them. Well not only did we seem them we felt them. It was like sleeping on a bed of fleas. My husband usually thinks that I'm being a snob by wanting to only stay at Hampton Inns and hotels like that but even he said he wouldn't go back here. There was mold on the wall in the bathroom over the door, the water faucet wouldn't turn off in the sink , the hot water in the shower would only stay at very hot, I couldnt adjust the temperture and it was so hot I wouldnt even let my kids take a shower or bath there. A/c was cold but it had nasty looking stuff by the vents. If it wasnt so late when we got there and we needed a place to sleep we would have kept going. Dont stop. There are plenty of other hotels around. Trust me it worth paying the extra $20 to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms! Keep driving!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed June 10, 2012

5-27-2012—Place looks decent from the outside but, is terrible on the inside. Price is too high ($77.00) considering there are cleaner, better places to stay just down the road. Sink faucet and handles in bathroom were not securely fastened to counter. Bathroom is seriously outdated and dirty. Shower head was very dirty and you could probably get a serious sinus infection just by breathing the water vapor when taking a shower. Bed looked OK but, I had several bug bite marks on my arms when I woke up the next day. I checked for bed bugs before I went to sleep but, couldn’t see any in the bed or behind the bed headboard. Mini fridge was so loud that I had to unplug it in order to get to sleep. Best thing about this place was leaving the next morning. I would recommend staying at the Clarion Inn, Holiday Inn Express or TownePlace Suites by Marriott. If these recommended hotels are too expensive or you just don’t want to spend that much money for a night––$100+––I would recommend the Western Inn in Gonzales. The Supreme Inn & Suites should be knocked down with a bulldozer or razed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family