“Nice hotel”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Gonzales
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and the rooms are very clean. The bed was very comfortable but I would suggest that they get regular size pillows because those small pillows were not comfortable. The breakfast at the restaurant was very good. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again but next time I will bring my pillow.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed for 3 days in this property for business. From the outside, it doesn't look like much, but the rooms are very nice, and spacious. There is a breakfast buffet at the adjacent restaurant that is better than the usual fare, but it isn't great. For folks who don't or can't climb stairs, I didn't see any elevators, and it's a 2 story property. All in all, it's a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: No elevator!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was excited to reserve some rooms here, because I'd read good things online about the breakfast and the service. I've eaten at Mike Anderson's before, and it is delicious! I'm getting married soon, and called to make reservations for rooms for me and my bridesmaids. When I requested that 2 of the 5 nights be in adjoining rooms, I was told that request was too confusing, and that I would need to start the whole process over. I started speaking again, apologized for being confusing, and tried to re-explain my request... and that when he said I needed to start over, he had hung up on me!!

I'm sure I would have enjoyed my stay here, but I'm not calling back to make a reservation after that.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We chose this hotel last minute to go shopping at the Factory Outlet. It has a beautiful setting. The food at Mike Anderson's was AWESOME!! Service was nice. My only request is to get a room on the opposite side of the courtyard, as we had room 160 and it was nice and clean but smelled musty. Other then that, it was easy to find, a quick drive to the outlet and easy to get out of town the following day.

Room Tip: Request a room on the parking lot side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at here for my High School reunion that was held here at hotel on Sat. March 31st. We were more then satisfied! When I made my reservations, the block of rooms that were reserved were all booked up already, but the hostess that assisted me on the phone was very helpful and was able to get us a room with king-sized bed and jetted tub for a discounted price that was only $10 more then the"blocked rooms" price! Well worth it! Rooms were super clean and that tub was so relaxing before the party! All personel who I met up with were friendly. If I had to say anythingI would have wanted more was at least 2 packs of reg. coffee instead of one and more sugar and packs and maybe halfnhalf in fridge. It was all in all a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel. It was close to I-10 and clean and comfortable. The room included breakfast. They have a very nice pool. the whole property was recently remodeled.
The rooms are all outside with no center hall. We did not see an elevator.

Room Tip: You may want a first floor room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ybbil
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Check-in and check-out were a nightmare. If you're in a rush, pick another facility. I waited almost 20 minutes for the attendant to check me out. Totally unacceptable. Breakfast coupons were issued at check-in. I got one for both of us, so I had to wait again for the second, and return the next day for coupons for the second day. The restaurant does not ask if you want juice or coffee- included in the deal - so if you don't ask you don't receive. There are no seconds, choices, etc. but the breakfast is served. That said, lets be fair. The facility grounds are magnificently well groomed, the front desk recognizes Choice Privileges members with a welcome bag of goodies, and the rooms are very nice. Exception: The air/heat unit is under the window (common in many facilities) which means the air blows on you when you're in bed at night. This is major for folks like me with arthritis. Not a bad choice, and checking other motels in the area THIS ONE HAD NO BED BUGS! Baron Rouge / Gonzales visitors LOOK OUT FOR THEM! Read your Tripadvisor reviews, or you may take home some unwanted guests!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business