“wrong price and not knowing how to split the cost on two cards”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Gonzales

Days Inn Gonzales
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Gonzales
Oak Grove, Kentucky
“wrong price and not knowing how to split the cost on two cards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Long story short I was given one price for three night stay but I was charged another $80 plus dollars for the third night. Upon check out the counter personnel did not know how to split the bill on two card. I had to do it that way because of the additional charge. I should have known better to stay in Gonzales, it was a crappy town when I was growing up in the next town over in Sorrento. All in all I should not have been surprised by this. I will never stay in another Best Western again. I work with a company that deals with thousands of soldiers a year and I will make sure the next time they ask me where is a good place to stay, I will definately say do not stay at the Best Western anywhere.

DeWayne Morgan
DAV (Disabled American Veteran)

Room Tip: nothing good to say
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dmorgan1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Winter Haven, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nice motel remodeling was completed and the room was clean, everyone was very nice and helpful, not being from the area they helped us find places to eat, shop and to get hair done. We stayed here for 3 weeks while my husband was working. Would stay here again. Pool was clean but didn't like pool furniture and breakfast was nothing to brag about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Apparently they closed for a while to remodel, but they could've done a much better job. Things look sort of updated, but it's still not being well-maintained (scratches, holes on recently painted walls, etc). The pool was DISGUSTING. It looks like they stopped taking care of it to focus on the "remodel." Also, vending machine was out of stuff because they weren't filling it because the workers were having to move it a lot to work on the continuing remodel. SUPER. And we had to ask two different times for them to plug in the ice machine because the workers kept unplugging it. Paid $80 a night for a room that was really only worth $50-$60 a night. Will try the Hampton next time instead.

• Stayed May 2012

Travelers are raving about these Gonzales hotels

Mansfield, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Mid April 2012 (12,13,14,15) I called to reserve a room for those 4 days,I advised them I had a small dog, who was quiet/trained and poses no problem. The girl at the front desk said the pet fee would be overlooked because we were staying a full 4 days. Upon check out I was charged and extra $50.00 for our pet. I understand and usually pay a $10 fee per night for our pet and I do not have a problem with that. Now.. for the room,it was clean,breakfast was fine,however; we were lucky to get three hours sleep per night.(Noise upstairs) They should designate this hotel as a transit (workers) accommodations. I will never ever stay in a motel that has a second floor again ..This place is not where you want to stay if you are looking for a restful nights sleep...

Room Tip: Never have anyone above you/ they are party, jumping, slamming doors, yelling is not what I would no...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank midohioslots
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Terrible hotel, there were bugs in the room, they didn't make the room, booked for 5 nights, i had to check early and went to the Clarion inn way better.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jose Luis R
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Opened the door to our room and it was 30 degrees in there. I tried to put the heater on to warm it up and the sickest smell came from the heater and I had to turn it off. The room had a strong smoke smell even though I choose a non smoking room. Everything was filthy. My husband and I left at 5:30AM the next morning because we couldn't take it anymore. If I would have known how dirty it was I would have slept in our car. I paid 90.00 to stay there for one night. Basically it was a dog house. So bad we didn't even shower until we got back home the next day!!!!! Whatever you do, don't go here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

Terrible! This is the first review I've ever felt the need to write, and my husband and I travel quite a bit. The room smelled--not sure if it was urine or musty...it wasn't pleasant, though. At night, you could smell cigarette smoke coming through the bathroom vent. It smelled as if someone was smoking right in our room. The hair dryer didn't work. The sheets were dirty (Ugh!) when we first got into the room. We had to take them off and ask for clean sheets at the front desk. There were 2 towels in the bathroom for 2 people. We left a polite note requesting extra towels and were left 1 more. Thanks. The breakfast was just plain sad. There are other choices along this strip of roadway--choose one of those. I will next time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple