“Good southern fare, but not quite top notch”

Sno's Seafood & Steak House
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Gonzales
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 74
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Sno's was good, not great. The fried dishes were tasty, but the fry batter didn't taste seasoned. The Fish Cecilia was nice, as was the Shrimp Hilda. I had the Duckling Dutsie. It was a good dish, but the duck was dry and over seasoned.

I left with a full stomach, but next time I'll go a little farther down the road to Mike Anderson's.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

There food is always tasty, but now they also have an Ideal Protein Diet menu. It makes it so much easier to eat out while dieting.

2  Thank LALady16
Reviewed June 28, 2012

There isn't much to say other than the food was just okay. I would go back but it's not somewhere I would frequent.

Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

I consider myself a foodie and have eaten at nearly every restaurant in the Baton Rouge area. Now, Sno's is an Ascension Parish institution and I have eaten there many times over the past 25 years. That being said, I can say honestly that the food is good, but not great. The atmosphere is kind of stuffy and the decor is from circa 1985. That wouldn't bother me at all of the food was just incredible, but unfortunately it isn't.

For my family of 5 we spent $125 on a dinner out there recently, and for the money I was sorely disappointed. You can get an exponentially better seafood meal at Mike Anderson's or The Chimes East for less money and about a 20 minute drive from there.

Sno's has its fans, and they are serious, I just can't figure out why.

1  Thank JSN1973
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Sno’s has a great menu selection. Seafood/steak’s very seasoned and tasty. Plenty food for price. Good mixed drinks from the bar. Can be very romantic for couples or fun with a group

1  Thank cajunone