“Love Kamal's Kafe”

Kamal's Kafe
Ranked #48 of 93 Restaurants in Gonzales
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Absolutely the best Lebanese food I have ever tasted. It is worth the trip to drive to Gonzales and eat at Kamal's Kafe. My favs are the chicken shawarma plate and anything with shrimp. Love the vegetarian plate. I husband loves the kebobs. Always love the salad they serve with the dinners as well as the tabouli and hummus w/ pita bread. We were so full when we left, we asked for 2 baklavas to go. The service is always excellent and the dining room is very comfortable and tastefully decorated. I look forward to going back soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm shocked at all the positive reviews. I've eaten here several times in the past and swore it off after my last order was not even edible and had to send back twice. Even the fried cheese was burned and sitting in black grease. I was dumbfounded that the waiter even placed it on the table.
At the insistence of friends, I visited once again for lunch and once again the chicken shawarma was black and extremely dry. Salad was mediocre at best with wilted brown spotted lettuce. This is NOT what Lebanese food should taste like. Not a very good representation of the local Lebanese cuisine.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Driving along Hwy 61, Kamal's Kafe caught my attention. I'm glad I stopped in for lunch, because I may have had one of the best chicken shawarma plates I've eaten in a long time. The chicken was thinly sliced and grilled to perfection. Business appears to be doing well; the restaurant was filled with diners, yet I was still able to be seated immediately. A steady stream of patrons kept coming in. The omnipresent owner is welcoming; waitstaff are professional and efficient. If you appreciate and enjoy Lebanese/Mediterranean/Greek food, you may find this restaurant to your liking.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We go almost every Friday since we discovered this place late last year. The gyro, stuffed grape leaves, and lamb chops are some of our favorites. The fried cheese is wonderful, but beware of garlic breath afterwards. They have Lebanese Ice Tea that has orange water in it and is delicious. Fast service, fresh food, great staff, good prices, and clean. Lots of parking, too.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Table of 3 around 1:30. Got the gyro plate and it was good. The salas with gyro was good. Plenty of meat and with the yellow rice and hummus and wheat pitas. Been there several times and never disappointed. Once we ordered the Cajun pasta or something like that and it was a little to spicy for our taste. Will eat there again. Right amount of food for lunch. Didn't leave stuff or with a doggie bag. Parking outside was good, clean place, the servers are always friendly.

Been to Kamal's Kafe? Share your experiences!