“Love this Place”

TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge Gonzales
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Gonzales
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Made a quick trip to Gonzales and stayed here because we love Marriott's. The staff was friendliest people you could ask or, the rooms were extremely nice.

Cabellas is a short walk from the hotel and the Outlet Mall is across the

Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic rooms! Great location! The front desk associate, Willis, is amazing! Breakfast is yummy!

Hotel always smells very clean and looks as such too.

The other associates are"okay". Still worth the stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The staff was friendly and the hotel and room smelled new. We got a double bed room and it was pretty large for the type of room. The closet was actually a walk in that had 2 doors on opposite sides to get to (our 4 year old had fun playing hide and seek in it lol) There could've been more room in the shower and toilet area but I like that the sink and mirror were seperate. The complimentary hot breakfast was The best spread I've seen. Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, biscuits plus home fries. They did have packaged grits and oatmeal and hot water available if we needed it along with the usual bagels, muffins and fresh fruit. Very nice, and if we needed a place in this area to say again I wouldn't hesitate to choose here and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel. Both times I experienced rude staff. The first incident was about a month prior. I was rudely awakened by housekeeping twice even though I had a do not disturb sign posted on the door. On this occasion I arrived at the hotel and requested to be on the opposite side of the hotel from the pool because I'm a light sleeper. The front desk clerk told me she could not honor my request because rooms had already been assigned to customers who had not checked in yet and the hotel was booked to compacity. Which was a lie because I checked the app on my phone and rooms were still available. So I called customer service and explained the situation and magically a room appeared on the side of the hotel I requested to be on. This receptionist was just being lazy and didn't want to do her job and accommodate me, her customer, but guess what no customers no jobs.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 5, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel no one was at the front desk to check me in, this was well after 11pm. I had spoken with someone earlier in the evening and he assured me a late check in would not be a problem. Finally a young gentleman walked in through the front door reeking of cigarette smoke. He asked how he could help me, he rolled his eyes through the entire reservation and check in process, and seemed as if he didn't want to be there. I got to my room and was amazed by it, one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I have ever stayed it. The next morning I was greeted by a wonderful young man at the front desk, I think his name was Ricky. He promptly asked me how my night was and I told him of my dilemma and he assured me that he would let his managers know of the situation. The problem was taken care of and I plan and exclusively using the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Gonzales for all of my travel needs. Marriott is lucky to have a great guy like Ricky at their property in Gonzales, he is an assett.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Rooms are amazing, complete with mini kitchen area,.. Great for those away on business for weeks at a time..
Theres a Tanger outlet mall as well as cabelas, located next door for a fun day of shopping, or pelican point golf course only five miles away for you golf lovers!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Right across from the outlet mall and next to Cabela's. That should keep everyone happy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and has very easy access from I-10. Fast food and more formal dining available locally. Only 15 minutes into Baton Rouge and 45 minutes from New Orleans. The hotel is well situated for those on business trips to the industrial plants along the Mississippi near Gonzales and Geismar.

Room Tip: They have very inexpensive 2 room suites, so keep it in mind if you are travelling with kids or othe...