“Beautiful hotel!!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Gonzales
Rowlett, Texas
“Beautiful hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

As soon as I entered this hotel, I could tell it was very clean and welcoming. Our room was absolutely perfect and extremely clean! The room had everything we needed. We were so comfortable, we could've stayed much longer! Honestly, I've never experienced a hotel so clean and comfortable, yet affordable.
The person at the front desk was also VERY helpful! They took time out to give us extremely good directions to an event nearby.
I'd almost visit Gonzales again just to stay in this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MTeach_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Huddleston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel three times now. We have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express locations, and this is by far the very best!!!! New! Gorgeous! Nice, nice rooms!!!! Comfy beds!!! The breakfast choices are the best of any HI Express we have ever been to. The ladies overseeing the breakfast are very courteous and pleasant. The desk people were always very helpful and kind. Close to outlet mall, restaurants, etc. We will be back (to visit our kids!)

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brad V, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you Carterkatt! We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am going to pass your kind words on to our breakfast and front desk staff. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us in the future.
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Let me start by saying....this hotel is new the rooms are great and my room was clean. I stayed at this hotel last night. Arrived at 5:30pm but called ahead around 2pm to request extra towels in my room, I was told that my request could not be completed because the person answering the phone was the only one there and could not complete my request. Now I arrive and go to my room and requested extra towels and I was told that I had to bring down the dirty towels to trade them in for clean towels. Astounded? yes I was, this has never happened to me at none of the many hotels around the world I have stayed whether for business or pleasure. I asked the young lady, if I had requested the towels via the website which you can do...would my request have been completed..."no" was the response I received. "You have to bring the dirty towels down and trade them for clean ones". My message to the management you are a hotel not a campsite, if me as a guest requests extra towels...I expect that your staff provide me with extra towels and not proceed to tell me " you have enough towels in your room" and me as a guest put in the very uncomfortable situation of explaining my hygiene practices.

Guess what...I never did get the extra towels. Hotel management....are you serious, this must be a joke right?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Versailles2011
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Versailles2011,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the cleanliness of your room. Please accept our sincerest apology for the unacceptable service you received that fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Our first stay at a Holiday Inn Express what a pleasant surprise. Hotel very clean and modern, helpful staff, breakfast was really good with great selections, would stay again. Close to many good restaurants, with outlet mall next door, also easy access to interstate

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Meadville, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

great rate! I was impressed with the decor! Everything is modern, clean with comfort in mind. The fitness center was nice, the staff were helpful. The breakfast had something for everyone.. even the french vanilla creamer for my coffee :) the location was ideal for an early morning trip to the outlet mall. I will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

After staying and Holiday Inn's in 42 states, I must say that the Gonzales location has superior furnishings with large, heavy doors and state-of-the-art flat, fluorescent-lit bathroom mirrors. No expense was spared when this hotel was constructed even down to the ironing board and the iron itself.
As for their staff, the front desk clerks were very friendly and accommodating. And to note, if you are hungry after hours, the first floor has a vacuum vending machine with various frozen foods and ice cream.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Mmharringtn
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with spacious room for priority club business travelers. Our room had 2 queen beds, a love seat, desk area, and an extra sitting chair. It also had a microwave, sink, and fridge. We tagged along with my husband who was on business. The fitness center is fantastic. The only drawback is the pool is outdoors. We are waking distance to the outlets. Very nicely renovated hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family