“BEDBUGS!!!!”

Highland Inn
Highland Inn
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Gonzales
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked my husband a room for a couple of nights at Highland Inn and he experienced the ABSOLUTE worst stay ever and woke up to at least 70 bedbug bites all over his shoulders n neck n head n face!!!!! He went to front desk and told them and showed them the bites even showed them the BUGS that were crawling on the bed and they were very hateful n rude no hospitality or customer service whatsoever no refund on room told him he could stay in a different room. When I called to talk to manager or owner I was told to leave a message then hung up on and never once got a return phone call. I went down to visit him and stopped in the motel. Lady at front desk said she talked to owners and they said nothing they could do either so he missed work due to these Dang bites he got while his stay there in there room and nothing they could do not even talk to the one who stayed and experienced the issue soo unprofessional and disgusting! I seen they took mattress outside to clean but u can't clean bedbugs off a mattress and I'm sure they are renting this out again. BEWARE!

Room Tip: DO Not recommend at all not even my worst enemy!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Andrea K

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We called around all the other hotels in the same area, it was $20 to $40 less than the other ones around. I would not stay here if the price were comparable.It works if your just passing by for the night. The towels were small, thin and stained, kinda gross.The hotel breakfast was below average,there was no bread or any fruit ,mostly sweet rolls, waffles and cereal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stay here when my husband has drill with the military. Its a really good value, and its close to everything. Its very comfortable and the prices are very reasonable. We always stay here. Not incredible, and not bad.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean but found a soap wrapper behind the door. Room smelled musty I guess due to it being so hot and the air wasn't on. There is no military discount so it's not veteran or military friendly. I was just staying one night to take a test the next morning in town so it did for one night. Also there is a bar next door so the noise from patrons was kind of annoying. I felt like I had to make sure and lock the door and check it twice. Just the feeling I got. Would recommend for men who are maybe just passing through but I wouldn't recommend for women or children I don't believe. Also they did updating in this hotel it appears but the shower head was still the old style shower head which I can't stand. Time to upgrade that I believe. They had a Vizio flat LCD in the room but the channels were very fuzzy. Still not sure why hotels get flat screens with no hd channels it kind of defeats the purpose. Hope this helps anyone staying in the town.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I read all the negative reviews but noticed that the Highland Inn was under new management. I noticed a lot of the reviews complained about the rude staff. I decided to call and ask every question I could think of to see how rude the staff was. They are not rude at all :) all my question were answered politely! When I visited the actual website for Highland Inn I seen the rooms were renovated and appeared completely different from Trip advisor photos. Its only $72.00 per night and well worth it! We have stayed here 4 nights and I will GLADLY stay again any time. My ONLY complaint is I had to get a dog sitter because no pets are allowed however no other hotels or motels in this area allow dogs, at least none that I was able to find. The staff is very courteous!! The rooms are extremely nice and very clean. I love that the king size room had a couch/ small sitting area. We were able to blow up a twin air mattress for my daughter and also had room for a Toy Story fold out couch for my son! The pool is clean and is also heated, our kids really enjoyed being able to swim! I have nothing but great things to say about the Highland Inn and their staff! To the complaint about noise, we have had people on both sides, they werent load but my daughter who has Autism is VERY VERY LOUD. If anyone heard her they never complained. The most noise I heard was if anyone walked by going to the pool but it was never while we were sleeping! I say give them a chance and come enjoy your stay!! I would also like to add that we have stayed in numerous places and I think this is one of the best!! They do not allow cooking in the rooms or BBQ outside, didn't bother us but may help some of you make a better decision if this is the right place for you!

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and quiet and the King size room is very "roomy" :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed March 21, 2012

In 2011 we stayed at this hotel and we didn't have any problems. This year, 2012 was terrible. We didn't get any sleep because of the loud mouth man and woman that stayed next to us. Each morning before 6 am we was awakened by them talking loudly next door to us or outside. When we asked to be placed in another room, we were told they could move us on the other side where other workers was residing too. The hotel is occupied by a lot of workers from a nearby chemical plant. When talking to one of the attendants, she was nice but I asked for the owner to contact me. I have not received a call yet from the owner. I will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Go to a Hampton Inn or Marriott hotel instead. You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This motel is very nice and I would recommend it to anyone. They're clean and very nice. Shower head could be replaced but that's the only "complaint" I'd have with the room.

• Stayed: March 2012