“Possibly the BEST Tour Company I've Ever Experienced.”
Review of Oxalis Adventures

Oxalis Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Oxalis Adventure Tours is organizing trekking tours below:- Trekking to Hang En (Swalow cave) the same system with Hang Son Doong (Son Doong cave) the world's biggest cave.- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park Tour- Trekking to Tu Lan cave system, Hang Ken cave, Hung Ton cave system- Kayaking tour to 1500m inside Phong Nha Cave- And other special adventure tours. Oxalis is socialized in caving adventure, trekking, and jungle camping, Oxalis is working with Howard Limbert - the BCRA expedition team leader who found Son Doong cave to do caving education, training and cave exploration. Quang Binh is the best place for caving in Vietnam and in the region, best Vietnam Caves, and World largest cave Hang Son Doong
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 19, 2016

It doesn't get better than Oxalis in my mind regarding tour companies. They are just so well organized, helpful, hospitable and just genuinely nice that I honestly cannot think of one thing I would want them to change about their company or services.

I believe they are the only tour company in the area for any cave exploration, but that makes the standards they set for themselves even more appreciated because they don't have to be as amazing as they are.

I went on the Son Doong expedition with Oxalis, which understandably caused me to have to interact more with them over a long period of time. By the time I landed in Vietnam, I had been in contact with Oxalis for exactly a year, since Son Doong takes so much pre-planning. Before I was even a paying customer, they answered countless questions from me regarding the expedition and gave me tips for how to secure a spot when Son Doong availability opened. Once I was officially going on the Son Doong trip, they continued to answer any questions I had and worked to get everything finalized before my trip, including transportation to/from the airport.

I was already impressed with Oxalis before I arrived, but once I got to their base, I was beyond happy. Everyone there is so excited for you!!! I was understandably excited because I had been waiting over a year to be here, but for them to share my excitement and their happiness for me was amazing and so appreciated!

We got to their base probably 12 hours before we had to be there for our check-in and Oxalis provided numerous options for us to spend the day: relaxing by their beach, kayaking, biking. It was great to feel at home in a place so far from it.

I could go on and on about little things they did for me, but I hope whoever is reading this can have the privilege to experience Oxalis for themselves one day.

Special thanks to:
- Jamie, Trung & Mo for helping get us prepped for the expedition, answering all my pre-trip questions and making sure everything was as issue free for us as possible.
- Watto and Dave, our British caving experts. You guys were amazing and absolutely hilarious to both interact with and just watch your reactions to things people said. I felt completely safe under your guidance, so thank you.
- Kien, my tour guide, please NEVER change. You are amazing and hilarious. You were a great guide, and I was so glad to be part of your first lead tour through Son Doong. I hope you have many more trips, but never forget us. PS I'm practicing my slapjack, so be ready to lose next time!
- To all of the porters who blow my mind how much they are capable of. I wish I could remember more names, but Nhia and Bang stick out, and I appreciated their help and friendliness so much. These guys are PHENOMENAL and do more than you will ever know but with huge smiles on their faces. They are always looking out for your safety, and it's nice to know that if anything were to happen they would be there for you in a second. Thank you so much!
- Everyone else behind the scenes, because I know the Son Doong trip is a HUGE thing to organize and get perfect. It was for me, so thank you.

Oxalis, you made this a trip of a lifetime, Thank You.

PS Happy 5th birthday! I hope for the world's sake, you have MANY, MANY more!

1  Thank hellinhr
OxalisAdvTours, Manager at Oxalis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Wow Heather,

How wonderful and overwhelmed we feel with such a generous review with a bunch of compliments to the team. Million thanks for saying that there is not even one thing you would want us to change for all we have done for you on the trip. This motivates Oxalis team dramatically because Son Doong Expedition indeed a tour which requires the whole team effort and corporation. It is also the most adventurous tour which takes both Oxalis and the expeditors months of preparation and special care of safety and conservation during the excursion time.

We are happy to learn that you had had a great time too in Oxalis Home which was considered as a distant home of yours. This is exactly what we expect to give to our dear customers when they settle in Phong Nha before starting an once in a life time expedition.

And absolutely, the porter teams are the most incredible people on all Oxalis tours. They are not only supermen inside the jungle with their helpfulness and friendliness but also the most optimistic people we can ever see in the world.

Last but not least, may we show our gratitude and appreciation to your presence in our Son Doong Expedition recently. Your kindliness and warmly-hearted sense are precious.

Oxalis Team hopes to welcome you back to Phong Nha another time with our warmest greetings.

Wish you all the best,
Oxalis Adventure Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"great company"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Let me start by saying this was an unforgettable experience- it's out of this world. The caves are spectacular and are so much more than any picture I saw on the Internet- and I googled a lot in excitement before the trip. We did 8 caves over 4 days and It's quite a bit of trudging through the jungle and scrambling over/climbing sharp lime stone trails and cliff side trails to get to the caves. All the same, if you have experience hiking and some climbing it's very doable. The trip itself was very well organized. Campsites and bathrooms were clean, good food, and good sleeping arrangements. We received an extensive checklist to prepare prior to the trip. Phung, our trip leader, John, our cave expert, and Leung our main porter were all fantastic, knowledgable, professional and great company! John taught us a lot about the cave formations and also provided his photography skills for some great shots of us in the caves. I'm terrified of the water despite knowing how to swim and they were patient and supportive through all of it. Phung was my hero. If you're doing it in June be prepared for very humid, sweltering hikes through the forest, carry lots of mosquito repellent- they are relentless, and take a lot of hydration breaks- don't wait till you're thirsty to drink water. Did I mention that the food is scrumptious? I have only praises for this superbly organized adventure. Also, a portion of the proceeds support the locals employed by oxalis (whom you are sure to like) which made me happy. Go do it!

1  Thank ShiroRao

Xin chao Mr Rao,

What an amazing expedition you have experienced.

We would like to take the pride of ourselves to provide such an exciting adventure to you and your wife. Those comments are dramatically motivated to John, Phuong, Luong, and the team and I will transfer this to them for sure. Also, we are thankful for your recognition of our tour preparation from information before tour, accommodation inside the jungle, bathing, toilet and especially our local food. Being a local team, we are encouraged very much by such a generous review.

Hopefully we can welcome you back for another adventure with Oxalis.

Cheers,
Oxalis Adventure Teams

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

I am a solo traveler who just did a 2 day/1 night trip to Hang Va - Hang Nuoc Nut. All I could say about Oxalis in general and our guides in particular were outstanding, awesome, amazing... Their professionalism and our tour leader's knowledges made this tour become one of the best experience I have ever had.
Have no words to describe how amazing the caves and Phong Nha area are. You just have to find out yourself.
Extremely high recommend the tour, well worth money. Be a responsible traveller.
Will do Son Doong Tour in near future.

OxalisAdvTours, Manager at Oxalis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Good morning Duy,

How delightful we are to know that you have had a good time with Oxalis Team.
Thanks for praising our team of professional and knowledgeable. It is our pleasure to greet you here as a professional guest too who pay much attention to nature and be a responsible traveller.

Looking forward to welcoming you back within the once in a life time Son Doong Cave Expedition.

Adventurous Regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2016

I just took a two-day-one-night Hang Va expedition organized by Oxalis. It was an excellent experience that I would never forget.

Hang Va is located in the middle of the thick tropical rain forest of Quang Binh province of Central Vietnam. We booked the trip with Oxalis days ahead. On the day, we were transported by a van for 45 minutes on the legendary Ho Chi Minh trail before trekking for another 2 hours to the cave's entrance.

To get inside the cave, we had to used harness, helmet with headlight and life vest as there is an underground river in this cave which we walked a long for miles.

I was so impressed by the immortal life of fish, insects, plants, fungus and mushroom... in the eternal darkness of this cave which was discovered in 2012 and opened to welcome explorers only less than a year ago. In addition, the conical stalagmite is unique to this Hang Va.

This tour is highly adventurous. I recommend you travel with a professional tour organizer to maximize the safety and enjoyment. Besides, you should have good trekking shoes providing friction for walking on stone and in water. A walking stick is also useful to support your knees as we have to climb up and down rocks.

As the tour cost is relatively high in market, I had had a high expectation for this tour. But after completing the tour with Oxalis, I think it is worthy any penny. The quality of the tour, what I experienced in the cave are more than what I had expected.

3  Thank Leetrien
OxalisAdvTours, Manager at Oxalis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2016

Dear anh Triển,

How gratifying it is to read your kind words for us! Thanks for reaffirming our effort to give you the best experience possible for the price you paid. We are really happy to know that you had such a wonderful time on our tour. Hope it will stay in your mind forever and recall many pleasant memories ever after. Oxalis would welcome you back with the finest service and warmest greetings should you or your friends come back to Phong Nha for another adventure with us.

Wish you all the best!