“Tu Lan cave expedition 4d3n ”
Review of Oxalis Adventures

Oxalis Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Oxalis Adventure Tours is organizing trekking tours below:- Trekking to Hang En (Swalow cave) the same system with Hang Son Doong (Son Doong cave) the world's biggest cave.- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park Tour- Trekking to Tu Lan cave system, Hang Ken cave, Hung Ton cave system- Kayaking tour to 1500m inside Phong Nha Cave- And other special adventure tours. Oxalis is socialized in caving adventure, trekking, and jungle camping, Oxalis is working with Howard Limbert - the BCRA expedition team leader who found Son Doong cave to do caving education, training and cave exploration. Quang Binh is the best place for caving in Vietnam and in the region, best Vietnam Caves, and World largest cave Hang Son Doong
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Let me start by saying this was an unforgettable experience- it's out of this world. The caves are spectacular and are so much more than any picture I saw on the Internet- and I googled a lot in excitement before the trip. We did 8 caves over 4 days and It's quite a bit of trudging through the jungle and scrambling over/climbing sharp lime stone trails and cliff side trails to get to the caves. All the same, if you have experience hiking and some climbing it's very doable. The trip itself was very well organized. Campsites and bathrooms were clean, good food, and good sleeping arrangements. We received an extensive checklist to prepare prior to the trip. Phung, our trip leader, John, our cave expert, and Leung our main porter were all fantastic, knowledgable, professional and great company! John taught us a lot about the cave formations and also provided his photography skills for some great shots of us in the caves. I'm terrified of the water despite knowing how to swim and they were patient and supportive through all of it. Phung was my hero. If you're doing it in June be prepared for very humid, sweltering hikes through the forest, carry lots of mosquito repellent- they are relentless, and take a lot of hydration breaks- don't wait till you're thirsty to drink water. Did I mention that the food is scrumptious? I have only praises for this superbly organized adventure. Also, a portion of the proceeds support the locals employed by oxalis (whom you are sure to like) which made me happy. Go do it!

1  Thank ShiroRao
OxalisAdvTours, Manager at Oxalis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Xin chao Mr Rao,

What an amazing expedition you have experienced.

We would like to take the pride of ourselves to provide such an exciting adventure to you and your wife. Those comments are dramatically motivated to John, Phuong, Luong, and the team and I will transfer this to them for sure. Also, we are thankful for your recognition of our tour preparation from information before tour, accommodation inside the jungle, bathing, toilet and especially our local food. Being a local team, we are encouraged very much by such a generous review.

Hopefully we can welcome you back for another adventure with Oxalis.

Cheers,
Oxalis Adventure Teams

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"great company"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

I am a solo traveler who just did a 2 day/1 night trip to Hang Va - Hang Nuoc Nut. All I could say about Oxalis in general and our guides in particular were outstanding, awesome, amazing... Their professionalism and our tour leader's knowledges made this tour become one of the best experience I have ever had.
Have no words to describe how amazing the caves and Phong Nha area are. You just have to find out yourself.
Extremely high recommend the tour, well worth money. Be a responsible traveller.
Will do Son Doong Tour in near future.

OxalisAdvTours, Manager at Oxalis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Good morning Duy,

How delightful we are to know that you have had a good time with Oxalis Team.
Thanks for praising our team of professional and knowledgeable. It is our pleasure to greet you here as a professional guest too who pay much attention to nature and be a responsible traveller.

Looking forward to welcoming you back within the once in a life time Son Doong Cave Expedition.

Adventurous Regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2016

I just took a two-day-one-night Hang Va expedition organized by Oxalis. It was an excellent experience that I would never forget.

Hang Va is located in the middle of the thick tropical rain forest of Quang Binh province of Central Vietnam. We booked the trip with Oxalis days ahead. On the day, we were transported by a van for 45 minutes on the legendary Ho Chi Minh trail before trekking for another 2 hours to the cave's entrance.

To get inside the cave, we had to used harness, helmet with headlight and life vest as there is an underground river in this cave which we walked a long for miles.

I was so impressed by the immortal life of fish, insects, plants, fungus and mushroom... in the eternal darkness of this cave which was discovered in 2012 and opened to welcome explorers only less than a year ago. In addition, the conical stalagmite is unique to this Hang Va.

This tour is highly adventurous. I recommend you travel with a professional tour organizer to maximize the safety and enjoyment. Besides, you should have good trekking shoes providing friction for walking on stone and in water. A walking stick is also useful to support your knees as we have to climb up and down rocks.

As the tour cost is relatively high in market, I had had a high expectation for this tour. But after completing the tour with Oxalis, I think it is worthy any penny. The quality of the tour, what I experienced in the cave are more than what I had expected.

3  Thank Leetrien
OxalisAdvTours, Manager at Oxalis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2016

Dear anh Triển,

How gratifying it is to read your kind words for us! Thanks for reaffirming our effort to give you the best experience possible for the price you paid. We are really happy to know that you had such a wonderful time on our tour. Hope it will stay in your mind forever and recall many pleasant memories ever after. Oxalis would welcome you back with the finest service and warmest greetings should you or your friends come back to Phong Nha for another adventure with us.

Wish you all the best!

Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

I had booked the Hang En cave adventure as a birthday present for my boyfriend. However, a few days before our cave adventure, my boyfriend got a very severe allergic reaction and we were unable to make the trip to Phong Nha/the Hang En Cave. Despite being non-refundable, oxalis was very understanding of our situation and offered a 50% refund for my boyfriend even though we cancelled after the trip travel arrangements had been finalized. They then offered us a 10% discount on any further bookings with them. It was a very kind thing to do and I feel oxalis is an honorable company with excellent customer service. I definitely plan to do the Hang En cave adventure in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 10, 2016

My husband and I recently did the Hang En 2d1n tour. The experience was definitely once in a lifetime, however, it was hard to enjoy due to the extreme heat we experienced. The heat index was 115 degrees Fahrenheit, which I felt was almost dangerous to be outside doing this type of hike. We had hoped it would be cancelled due to the heat and we could reschedule, but that did not happen. It made it very hard to enjoy the hike due to how hot it was, and made it 10x harder of a hike. Obviously this is at no fault to Oxalis, but should be kept in mind when booking.

Once we got to the cave, we were greeted by an incredibly beautiful scene. Dinner was great and everyone was pretty much in their tents by 7pm due to how exhausted we all were. The cave echoes very much, and we were kept up by the staff drinking, smoking, and yelling loudly for several hours. This really killed the mood of enjoying nature to be smelling alcohol and cigarettes and listening to them party.

OxalisAdvTours, Manager at Oxalis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Xin chào Tee,

Thanks for this detailed review.

While we are glad to learn that you consider Hang En the once in a life time trip, we feel unfortunate that the heat and the noise may let you down pretty much.

As you may know, this is the hottest time during a year in Central of Vietnam, and that's why we keep suggesting customers to wear long sleeve-shirts and long pants as well as check weather before coming. We are always ready to fill in water for customers to keep hydrated during a trekking day. Thank you for saying that it's not our fault. Oxalis Team, however, definitely emphasize more about this for our upcoming adventurers.

Regarding the staff's noise and party, we have taken this seriously and worked closely with the team. While our team normally is praised for their cheerfulness, friendliness, and thoughtfulness not to annoy customers as mentioned, we surely have proper penalty on any wrong-doings to keep our tours' quality rank. Thank you again for sharing this to us.

After all, Oxalis hopes to welcome you back to Phong Nha and see how we continue our adventure experiences and improve our team performance.

Wish you all the best,