“Tu Lan 2 day: do it!!”
Review of Oxalis Adventures

Oxalis Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Oxalis Adventure Tours is organizing trekking tours below:- Trekking to Hang En (Swalow cave) the same system with Hang Son Doong (Son Doong cave) the world's biggest cave.- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park Tour- Trekking to Tu Lan cave system, Hang Ken cave, Hung Ton cave system- Kayaking tour to 1500m inside Phong Nha Cave- And other special adventure tours. Oxalis is socialized in caving adventure, trekking, and jungle camping, Oxalis is working with Howard Limbert - the BCRA expedition team leader who found Son Doong cave to do caving education, training and cave exploration. Quang Binh is the best place for caving in Vietnam and in the region, best Vietnam Caves, and World largest cave Hang Son Doong
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

Wife and I did the Tu Lan 2 day/1 night trip and had a great time!
Day 1 is a big hike, the long socks are for blister protection (not leeches). The swimming is more floating and is a lot of fun, the caves are amazing... Like Lord of the Rings going into the dwarf kingdom. Tip: find the secret cave behind the waterfall!
Make sure you drink lots of water cuz it's hot! The tour gives lots of good quality food and snacks, there were leftovers so no one went hungry.
We slept in hammocks and they were quite hot due to mosquito net blocking some airflow so we didn't sleep well. The toilets are good for camping standards.
The jungle boots they loan you are good but I suggest wearing double socks for blister protection. Don't wear your own shoes unless you have hiking shoes/boots cuz the mud will make your shoes slippery. Your clothes don't dry overnight but that's OK cuz you're in the water most of the time on the 2nd day.
Overall this was a real highlight of our trip, although it isn't cheap it's an experience hard to get to on your own otherwise.

Highly recommend this tour, you'll see stunning scenery that is straight out of movies (except it's real!!), the guides are very good and safe, good English, camping is clean, and the hiking pace is comfortable and flexible to accommodate different skill levels.

1  Thank Terry L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"great company"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

I am not overacting when i tell you that our 2 day 1 night trip to the Hang En Cave with Oxalis was the best experience i ever bought for money!

First of all comes the oxalis crew itself. The men and women standing behind this organisation are so lovely and kind that you can hardly believe their kindness is real. They care a lot about their clients - and even more about the environment and the national park! Our tour guides were Bao aka Treisure and King. These guys make the whole trip worth every single € $ £ you pay -> and by god their tours aren't cheap!

The tour is well planed, the trekking tour definitely demanding and the nature/scenery you walk through on your way to the cave breathtaking. The cave itself is so unique that you will never forget the first impression you get.

We had a group of 16 ppl which (was the maximum) sounds like a lot, but since it was a well balanced and fun group not bad at all in the end.

1  Thank Biitz
OxalisAdvTours, Manager at Oxalis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

Xin chào Sacha,

How excited we are to read through your review for Oxalis crew and your tour experience. Thank you so much to raise our tour the "best way to spend your money". It means a lot to the whole team with our daily effort to make this trip a world-class journey.

Your review is definitely passed on to Bao, Treisure, and King too as their motivation to develop such a great way in leading adventure tours.

Hopefully we have another chance to welcome you back Phong Nha with more experiences with Oxalis.

All the best,
Oxalis Adventure Team.

Reviewed April 28, 2016

Truly the highlight of our Vietnam trip.
The caves were simply breathtaking and trekking in jungle was just amazing.
The guides were professional and very friendly and informative. Thank you Oxalis

1  Thank Reido .
Reviewed April 26, 2016

This was such a beautiful, high quality tour. I can't recommend Oxalis enough. We did the one-day Tu Lan Cave tour. It ended up being just myself and my friend on the excursion, joined by our tour guide Phung and porter Hieu. Phung was very knowledgable, personable, and conscientious of our safety as well as cave conservation. Our porter came from the very local village and was equally charming, whistling and singing as he trailed behind us, and very helpful in seeing us through the trip fed and hydrated! The sites were really amazing, and there was no touristy feeling whatsoever, a treat nowadays. The lunch was also the best meal I had while in Vietnam, and in quite a setting. I very highly recommend doing a tour with Oxalis. I'd also recommend avoiding the National Park tour offered by the local hotels, which was exceptionally disappointing after our Tu Lan day out!

1  Thank Abby_Hen

Good morning Abby,

What a wonderful trip you have joined with us. We are very happy to know that you have such a great trip with our team and enjoy absolutely privacy in your journey.

Hopefully Oxalis has another chance to welcome you back to Phong Nha within another adventure with us.

Adventurous Regards,
Oxalis Adventure Team

See more reviews
Reviewed April 26, 2016

My wife and I booked the Tu Lan 1 day tour and thought the overall experience was incredible. Not only are the caves stunning, but you really feel like you accomplished something when it's done. There is something special about trekking to see a cave that is so untouched. Swimming through the crystal clear cave river is something I will never forget. Unlike the Paradise Caves, you won't see another person outside of your group. On a side note, please don't come to this area for a single day, there really is so much to see and the Paradise caves are spectacular.

Back to the Tu Lan Experience - the guides were excellent and the equipment was top notch. Keep in mind that this is not a walk in the park, while not extreme, you will need to be in shape in order to complete this. Make sure to bring quick dry pants, quick dry long sleeved shirt and hiking socks. You are in the jungle and the long sleeve shirt will help make sure that you don't brush into some kind of poison ivy or get scratched by thorns. You can bring your good camera as well, they have water tight containers to put it in during the swims and you will want to take good photos. The boots they provided were great, though the largest size was a little tight for a US size 12.

Finally, I wanted to shoot a quick thank you to Thanh Pham. I left the bottom parts of my zip pants as well as my good hiking socks on the road near the base camp, which I really needed for a different hike I was doing later in my trip. I reached out to her and she promptly replied, found the pants and shipped them to my next hotel free of charge. I think most companies would not really care so much for something like this and it truly speaks to the level of service that Oxalis provides.

Good morning Patrick,

How wonderful to know that you had an incredible trip with Oxalis. Also, thanks for your detailed information of your trip preparation and Phong Nha activities which is very useful for those who intend to go on a trip with us. You definitely need more than one day to explore this beautiful area and we do hope to welcome you back with more experiences with Oxalis.

Last but not least, thank you for naming our sales member, Ms Thanh with such nice words for herself and Oxalis Team. We are trying our best to deliver our belief of real adventure and customer service, and your recognition means a lot for us to follow our way to make it come true.

Wish you all the best on your on-ward travel.

Adventurous Regards,