“Spectacular Tu Lan 1-Day Experience ”
Review of Oxalis Adventures

Oxalis Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Oxalis Adventure Tours is organizing trekking tours below:- Trekking to Hang En (Swalow cave) the same system with Hang Son Doong (Son Doong cave) the world's biggest cave.- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park Tour- Trekking to Tu Lan cave system, Hang Ken cave, Hung Ton cave system- Kayaking tour to 1500m inside Phong Nha Cave- And other special adventure tours. Oxalis is socialized in caving adventure, trekking, and jungle camping, Oxalis is working with Howard Limbert - the BCRA expedition team leader who found Son Doong cave to do caving education, training and cave exploration. Quang Binh is the best place for caving in Vietnam and in the region, best Vietnam Caves, and World largest cave Hang Son Doong
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 21, 2015 via mobile

We did the Tu Lan 1-Day Experience yesterday and so far it has undoubtedly been one of the highlights of our holiday. Everything ran seamlessly and our guide Bear was great - very chatty, friendly, knowledgeable about the area and a very good level of English too. We've never done anything like it before -the scenery is breathtaking, and the caves are just out of this world. Thoroughly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"great company"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed August 19, 2015 via mobile

I did the 1 day cave tour of the Tu Lan Caves and it was brilliant. Really good value for money, staff were helpful and friendly and carried all of our water and valuables in a wet bag! Our guide was very knowledgeable and spoke great english. The tour was brilliant, we visited two caves, a dry one and a wet one. We swam through the wet ones which was amazing and had to climb down a 30m ladder in the cave. Brilliant experience and something i wont forget, you do have to be in some sort of physically fit state as you trek betweeb the two caves over a mountain and have to swim against the current and climb over rocks in the cave. Lunch was provided and was great. Excellent value for money, wish i had time to do an overnight one!

Reviewed August 19, 2015

My friend and I joined 2 D 1N Hang En Cave tour in Jun. It was special experience to sleep in the cave and the views of the cave are awesome. If you do exercise regularly or do outdoor activities like hiking, trekking, mountaineering often, it won't be a problem at all for you to do this tour. As I am concerned, the tour is quite easy for me. It wasn't my first time do the caving, I did that in Taiwan and Philippines as well. The tour guides and porters are helpful, tentative and friendly. Except dinner was good, the rest meals were just OK. it's still worth to visit it but to be honest I think it's a little too pricey and I totally agree with " Not for a backpacker's budget or a trekker looking for a challenge”. said another contributor.

3  Thank Melissa Y
Reviewed August 17, 2015

My family of 4, ages 18, 21 and mid-50's did the Tu Lan adventure. Trek was fun but surprisingly challenging. Temperature was in the 90's (35 C) with high humidity. Due to heavy rain in the previous days, the trekking involved a lot of mud; we climbed 2 mountains and the mud made them quite slippery and challenging. For most participants, this made it all the more exciting. Some of our party enjoyed it immensely; others asked themselves, "is this a vacation or an endurance test?" I loved it but just be aware that it's not a walk in the park, especially if you're doing it in the rainy season.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Oxalis really lives up to the great reviews! My husband and I had the best time earlier this month on the 2 day 1 night Hang En tour.

The tour company : Oxalis is locally owned and run, and they are run really well. The pre-trip information that they provide is sufficient for planning.
The basic trekking shoes they have are just that - basic, kind of like converse hightops. They would probably not suit someone with foot problems but were great for the multiple river crossings that we had to do.
Special mention about the superb meals that the team provided. Some of the best meals we had in Vietnam were had during the tour, still can't believe that they can whip up such meals in a cave!

The team: Bear and Bao were our excellent guides. The trip would not be half as fun if it wasn't for these 2 jokers. The encouraged us during the hard parts of the trek, entertained us with magic tricks and an amazing knowledge of movies and music and were general all-round good guys.
The porters are heros too. At one point during the ascent I was struggling and one porter offered to help carry my bag. They have limited English but are super friendly.

The cave: Beyond expectations, nothing I say will do it justice. Do yourself a favour and come experience it for yourself!