Phong Nha Farmstay
Thuong Hai Hotel(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
$16
Phong Nha Lake House Resort(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
TripAdvisor
Victory Road Villas(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
TripAdvisor
Phong Nha River View(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
Happy Hotel(Ky Anh)
Ban Mai Hotel(Dong Hoi)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Sea Star Resort(Dong Hoi)
1,113 results
All reviewsfarm staythe national park tourcold beerrice paddiesparadise cavethe pubdark cavephong nhadong hoilive musicupstairs roomwater buffalohighlight of our tripduckoff the beaten trackwatch the sunsetfree bikes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I first contacted Ben thanks to a recommendation on Tripadvisor. I was really excited - This was exactly what I had been looking for while planning my trip to the more remote, rural areas of central Vietnam.
Travelling with 2 primary school kids, I was looking for something off the tourist track which was comfortable with plenty to keep 2 active, energetic boys busy. When we arrived at Phong Nha Farmstay we were not disappointed. By now we were into our 3rd week of travelling the northern & central parts of Vietnam so when the boys heard the friendly Aussie twang of Ben & Bich they instantly felt at home ... then when they spotted the pool table they were completely sold.
We spent 5 glorious days and nights at Phong Nha Framstay, an ideal location with paddy fields starting at the front gate & continuing to the rolling hills in the distance. My favourite part was watching the local farmers heading home with their buffalos, ploughs over their shoulder while the sun set over the mountains .... my head still buzzing from all our adventures throughout the day.
We did three different day tours. The first was a 20km bike ride along dirt tracks weaving around the paddy fields and through tiny villages where the locals would wave & shout hello. The next trip was another bike ride to meet the boat which travelled up the river to explore the spectacular world heritage Phong Nha Caves. We spent several hours here & the boys were thrilled with all the activity & well worn out by the end of the day. Our last tour was the highlight for us – A day on the back of motorbikes riding through the beautiful Ke Bang National Park along the original Ho Chi Minh Trail. Once we were inside the park there appeared to be only us on the roads to absorb the spectacular jungle scenery & blue water pools coming out from the underground cave system. We were lucky to see a troop of rare Duc Langur monkeys swinging through the trees close to the road & then sitting watching us from the rocky ledge.
After our eventful days we were always happy to relax in the comfort of the farmstay, me with a glass of wine & the boys playing a few rounds of pool with Bich’s nephews. The kitchen was always open whenever we were hungry with an extensive menu offering both Western & Vietnamese choices. Imagine the boys’ delight when they discovered coco pops & pizza on the menu while I was happy to try the local cuisine.
I totally recommend Phong Nha Farmstay for anyone wishing to experience authentic , rural Vietnam with a comfy bed & wonderful English speaking hosts, I really hope we can return there one day 

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KoStargazer
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I was fortunate enough to visit Phong Nha Farm Stay in September and had an unforgettable time. Ben and Bich go out of their way to make you feel at home, the scenery is stunning and it's refreshing to get away from the tourist crowds in the rest of Vietnam. However the real selling point here is the knowledge and passion that they show for Phong Nha region. We spent 1 day on bicycles and 1 day on motorbikes exploring the area- Ben was a wealth of information and he stopped often to point out something unusual or to chat with the locals. His love of Vietnam, and in particular the people and places of the Phong Nha area, is infectious.
Dong Hoi has a train station and airport with daily flights- from there its just a short drive to Phong Nha (they can arrange a transfer if you want). Highly recommended as a stop on the way to or from Hue/Hoi An.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We spent two nights at this newly built farmstay with hosts Ben and Bich. Rooms were large and very comfortable and the view from the balcony was fantastic. The HoiAn Motorbike Adventures use this hotel as a stopover. An easy, relaxing place to spend some time right on the edge of the National park. Will be great when they finish the swimming pool.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I met Ben and Bich in 2008 when i was doing a reccy for a field trip for my photography students and they welcomed me and my daughter into their family. They are such a great couple and I'm so happy that their dream of having a small hotel in their hamlet has come true.
I lived in Viet Nam for 17 years and have travelled it extensively. Phong Nha, Bo Trach Hamlet in particular, is my favorite place. I've been there three times now and next year am planning a 'photography in residence' stay there.
If you want to get off the beaten track, have some adventures, be surrounded mountains, ride though forests, go bush walking, swim in springs, go caving, go exploring, visit local markets, walk through paddies and interact with the locals - i highly recommend Phong Nha as the place to go!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank vietphotog
Reviewed December 16, 2010

This was my second trip to Phong Nha and I was not disappointed. The Phong Nha region is just breathtaking, and staying at the homestay made it one of the most memorable trips I've had. Bich and Ben and their family are so welcoming and provide such wonderful hospitality, by the end of your stay you'll be sad to say goodbye. On tour with Ben, who was born to be a tour guide, we visited some of the most beautiful parts of Vietnam and got to experience the 'real' Vietnam. I will definitely be back, many times over!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple