We stayed here end of May to beginning of June for our honeymoon. My first concern was the weather. It did rain but when it did was mainly late a night and for a short part of the day. We had a couple of days which were overcast but we came for 11 nights so didn't bother us.
On arrival we were greeted by all the staff, which is a lovely way to start your holiday. We were given a room at the end of the pier which was amazing. It looked out to the private small island opposite. Some people prefer to be on the sunset side but I preferred the sunrise as the water was shallow here. From our deck we saw so many fish and ray and even small sharks! The room itself was amazing, huge bed, high ceilings, BIG bathroom. There is even a glass floor by the toilet so you can watch the fish below. Also if you have the room at the end of the pier you can swim and sometimes even walk to the other island! Its a small little island with some sun beds, a hammock and a small bar so you can enjoy a cold beer!
We thought all the food was great here and loved the Thai restaurant. Make sure you get a table outside so you can watch the reef sharks below! We opted for the half board option, dine around breakfast & dinner but still found ourselves snacking a lunch. The maldives is very expensive so be prepared for this.
All the staff here were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The guys at the bar made the best cocktails and our cleaner who did our room every day was fab. When we arrived they had put petals on the bed and on our last day as well. Our mini bar was also well stocked with everything you need and they bring you fresh bottled water every day.
The hotel also gives you a bicycle for your stay here which is a great way to get around.
We had an amazing time here. The maldives is very expensive so if you are looking for a resort that has a bit of everything and is a little cheaper some other resorts then this is your place. What was also nice about this place as that it didn't seem busy even though most of the rooms were booked. Another thing I liked was that the resort consists of three islands and if you have half board dine around you can eat at the other restaurants on the other islands, so there is no chance of getting board.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives