We stayed for 5 Days at the Sunrise Beach Villa with our 2 girls aged 7 and 10 at The Anantara Dhigu Resort and received excellent service throughout our stay from the international staff.
After our snorkelling trip, the snorkelling equipment were provided for our use till the end of the stay. Victor who was our Snorkelling guide took extra care of my 7 year old as the mask keeps slipping off her face. He also took excellent pictures for us with the under water camera.
The table tennis table which was very frequently used could do a change though as it is pretty old and the bats were peeling off.
Food is excellent, especially the Italian/Grill Restaurant Terrazzo. We enjoyed out Thai Cooking Class at the Thai Restaurant Baan Huraa. Unfortunately, The Japanese Restaurant Origami was closed during our stay.
The King bed was enough for me and my girls to sleep and my husband slept on the side bed. We didn't even have to use the extra bed.
The Spa has very good mass
As we have taken a package which only included breakfast, so we incurred quite a lot of extra charges upon check out. Restaurant and bar prices are quite high. We paid an extra of US$3,700 upon check out which included a US$1,000.00 (Including Service Charge and Tax) Big Game Fishing trip by my husband which he caught nothing. We had better results with the Sunset Fishing and my daughter caught her first fish which was a red snapper.
Overall, it has been a very good experience thanks to the fabulous service of the staff. Resident Manager Mathew has done an excellent Job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives