When we arrived at the resort’s jetty, we were greeted by drums and cold towels. The staff at the reception was very friendly and hospitable.
As we arrived early morning our Villa was not ready yet, but they offered us to have breakfast meanwhile they got our room ready.
We stayed in a Beach Villa on the sunrise side and it is worse it to get up in the morning just to watch the sunrise in front of your Villa.
The food in the restaurants was pretty good and quite a wide range of selections are available. However, the food and drinks are a bit pricey, but we shouldn’t forget that we are in the Maldives where everything has to be imported.
Very nice was the option to visit the other Anantara property on the neighboring island.
On our second day we went to Veli Island for our breakfast and since then we went there every day. We loved it to walk along the beach to get to the jetty for the little ferry which took us to Veli every morning. It was just a perfect start in our day.
The atmosphere in 73 Degrees Restaurant was really like holiday. You walk along the buffet on sand and it is very quiet. The service is much better than in the restaurant on Dhigu (it was too crowded for us every morning).
Even for our mid-day dip we went to the swimming pool on Veli. We were almost alone there every day. The idea of serving complimentary iPad, water and sun lotion is just perfect.
We recommend everyone to try the Thai Restaurant which is located on a long jetty over the water on the way to the third property of Anantara. The view from there is just stunning and the food is real authentic Thai food prepared by a Thai chef.
Our thank goes to Matthew Fryar, who is very friendly and helpful. He is just a great person and a benefit to Anantara.
Besides, a BIG thank to all the staff for making our stay lovely and we will return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives