As seasoned backpackers and travellers, my husband and I had never taken a holiday where we could just relax and be taken care of. This was our long-awaited honeymoon. We were reticent as 10 days on a small island with a 15 month old boy seemed like a big risk. How wrong we were! Anantara Dhigu was amazing!
We stayed in a sunrise villa (24). If you have children, I actually think this is the best option as the beach in the afternoon is great and has a little shade. In the mornings, we just spent time at the pool on the sunset side. The villa was perfect and the outdoor bathroom was a huge hit with our son who loved playing in the sandy garden that surrounded the bath (we all fit in!). Our villa was always immaculate, thanks to (Ali) Shareef who was so efficient and also amazing with our son.
The food was unbelievable. If you can afford it, I would definitely recommend the 'Dine Around' option. We could eat at any of the restaurants (Thai, Japanese fusion, 2 bars, Italian, Seafood/Steak grill and the buffet option) and anything, apart from drinks, were included. All we had to do was choose where we wanted to eat. My husband took advantage of the amazing lobster on offer most nights. We were also worried about eating out every day with a little one, but the staff were unbelievable. They showered attention on him and ensured that he was always comfortable, entertained, happy. Ammu, Riza, Imad, Dhin, Shameem, among other staff were just outstanding in the restaurants.
The breakfast buffet was great. A highlight was the honeycomb that dripped fresh honey from it every morning - oh, and the amazing waffles!
The snorkelling was excellent and it is definitely worth going out to the islands around the lagoon. Travelling to Veli was so easy on the pontoon, and there was even a nice little wave off this island! Even though we didn't put our son into the children's programme, we were still able to take him to the little playground in the middle of the island. He loved this. My husband also used the small but well-equipped gym every day. Oh, and the fresh coconuts from the Beach Guru - amazing!
We didn't really do any trips except the dolphin cruise which was a nice 2 hour trip around the surrounding islands. We also didn't take advantage of the amazing over-water spa, as we were just wanting to spend a relaxing time as a family. The spa looked stunning, and when we come back (which we will definitely do), I would definitely book a couple of treatments.
Thank you to all the staff at Anantara for making this such an amazing holiday for us. We will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, TravelUp, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives