“Best activity holiday ever!”

Camping Le Ty Nadan
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My family consists of two adults and two teenager girls. We spent 14 nights in August here in a two bedroomed caravan through French Freedom. The caravan was immaculate with decking and gas bbq. It was quite where we were which was perfect. the Swimming pools never seem to close which was fab for my daughters, we hardley saw then apart from booked activities.

Most activities were excellent value for maney and thoroughly enjoyable except the Segway, which I would not recommend as it is the most expensive activity for supposely 25 minutes. My daughters having not been on them before were bearly on them for 15 minutes and did not do the full tour. I suppose better value if you are experienced on them as they did look good fun. The Zipline was fantastic but the highlight for me was the horse-riding, magnificant! The little french guy who took us through the woods, the river and trotting was brilliant. Thankyou. The staff were very friendly and helpful, shop well stocked and not too expensive for a camp shop. Washing machines and tumble token were very pricey, 8.20 euros for one of each.

Overall, exceptional holiday and would recommend. Surrounding places to visit were wonderful, beach was a 25 minute drive but worth it, didn't even have to pay parking. Quimperlie and Quimper was beautiful. Lovley restuarant on river in Quimperlie, fantastic value for money and great food. Obviously, weather is touch and go as like SW english weather, but we had 70% heatwave......lucky us.

Look forward to going again.....oh and very safe for kids to roam.

3  Thank snapperette
There are newer reviews for Camping Le Ty Nadan

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in a Safari tent by the river which was lovely.The tent was nice with lots for space inside .Just enough space outside to park the car but our kids are old enough to go and find their own space.

The campsite its self needs alot of cleaning and repair in the public area's like the bar ,restaurant,outside the shop and the edges of the pitches.

Our children aged 10 & 9 enjoyed the water slides (the water was a little cold sometimes).

1  Thank smurftinkerbell1974
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Decided to use Eurocamp for thwe first time taking my 2 foster children(aged 11 and 13) together with my daughter, partner and grandaughter (aged 3). Rented an eclipse 8 berth mobile home, which was adequate for our purpose. Some areas had not been cleaned properly but one call to the rep and all was fixed immediately. I am disabled and had informed Eurocamp of this, yet on arrival there wasn't a handrail to the steps down from the decking. (All brochure pictures show handrails!). Again the rep was wonderful and within 24 hours a handrail had been fitted allowing me to leave the chalet. We also ran out of gas at 10pm one night but replacements were in place within 10 mins of a phone call. Very efficient!!!!
The site is quite cramped with little space between homes. Also little space to keep a car nearby.
However there is a good restaurant, pool facilities are very good indoor and out and a small shop (quite expensive).
There is an abundance of activities to take part in, however these have to be paid for seperately, ranging from £10 to £30 each per person. I would recommend the sea kayaking, assault/zip wire, river kayaking, quad biking and archery. My boys loved them all, however even limiting the activities they still cost £300 for a fortnight, for two boys! Very proffessional instructors though.
We were directed to Carrafour in Quimperle for a supermarket, but the best one is Super U in Pont Scorf (9km away)
Visits to the medieval town at Concarneau and the beautiful Pont Avent are essential.
Overall the site is very friendly and all staff are helpful. It is clean and well run and an ideal base for touring or just for chilling out for a relaxing family time.
We are certainly considering a return next year.

Room Tip: Check the site map for the best space. If in a touring van then ask for a pitch near the river.
1  Thank roger w
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Booked late with eurocamp so got a reasonable deal however booking online not particularly easy and had to resort to phone to sort out ferries. Eurocamp dont tell u that your ferries of choice may not be available until after you've paid. I had to call them, alternatives explored and agreed but they couldn't confirm until the following morning. On checking online thevfollowing day the ferries booked weren't what I'd agreed to the extent that the return ferry was for the day after we would have booked out of the site!

As we'd booked late we couldn't get a cabin on the overnight outward ferry but had mandatory 'club class seats' not a happy experience, the chairs reclined about 6" and were narrow. There were about 80 in our lounge so an uncomfortable and noisy night!

Ty nadan is a reasonably good site, our cabin was fine, amenities good, the two 14 year old girls in my party had great fun swimming tennis archery horse riding ( english dpeaking guide docile horses - good ecperiemce) canoeing and Segway, no illness as other reviewers have reported and no disco every night as also reported (once or twice acweek I think more realistic) the site is set in woodland with a river running thru and is peaceful and quiet, overall a good site (I've been with keycamp and eurocamp to a few)
As with all sites the reps meet and greet you and then you never see them again bit that wasn't a problem as the cabin was fine.
Nearest beach about ten miles away

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank MaxLondon2
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have just returned from our holiday at Ty Nadan. The site for activities was good, we did have a problem, our children are 11 and 17, there was not many activities they could do together or we could do as a family due to age restrictions.

The site in general was OK, however, it did look at though it could have done with better cleaning.

Some of the equipment used was shabby and could do with updating, especially the quad bikes, we had to ask for our sons bike to be changed as it looked as though the wheels were going to drop off.

When we tried varied activities we thought that we would be taught how to canoe, archery, horse ride, but basically we were not given any tuition on the canoe, very little on the archery and very little given for the horse riding due to the language translation.

We took our own caravan, we travelled with another family who also had their own caravan. We had paid for a fully serviced pitch, when we arrived we were given one pitch that was serviced and one that was not, it didn't even have power. We went back to the office who then showed us on a map other pitches we could choose from, we then had to tour the site and find a pitch. All the pitches we viewed were very uneven and badly kept, some areas were water logged, others were on slopes. We did choose the best two pitches possible.

Wash room facilities - these were good, they were kept clean daily. Only comment is that the light was automatic and would turn off when you was in the shower.

Swimming pool - the outside and inside pools were excellent. The site could offer more sunbeds, every day there seemed to be a shortage. However, we took our own fold up ones and used them. There was plenty of sun umbrellas, but again, we took our own and were able to use it.

Night time noise - the pool does officially close at ten at night, however, children and young adults still use the pool, in the dark, this seemed a very dangerous thing to do and there was not staff members present. The noise made by the "late swimmers" was loud and if sleeping in a tent I would think it would be a problem.

Evening entertainment - we did not take part in this, however, there was something every night, again, however, it was loud and did not seem to end until twelve.

1  Thank Ruth B
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My partner, myself and five children between 15 and 4 stayed in a French Freedom caravan in Ty Nadan earlier this month. First impressions of the caravan were that it was pretty basic, reasonably clean but there was a strong smell of damp and evidence of mildew on curtains and cushions. The French Freedom rep was friendly but after showing us round the caravan, that was the last we saw of him. The site itself is large and clean with plenty to do. My son of 12 enjoyed fishing in the river and the others enjoyed paddling and playing with fishing nets. The sports area with badminton and table tennis gets busy and you have to buy the raquets etc at the shop but the kids loved it. We had a few days of lovely weather and the outdoor pool was excellent on these days. The indoor pool was also really good. Supermarket was well stocked and we had a couple of lovely meals at the restaurant. There is a kids club ran by the site which I wouldnt recommend. Children were playing in the river and we witnessed one fall in. On one morning after a downpour, the children were drenched and our 8 year old and 5 year old were sent back to the caravan seperately and alone. Bearing in mind this is a large park surrounded by forest they could easily have got lost. There is a large range of activities, with my son and partner trying river kayaking and paintballing which they recommended. I tried horse riding with the two older ones while the little ones did shetland pony riding.I found the horse riding to be badly suprevised with little regard for safety. There was one adult who couldn't speak English leading the horse riding and I had never rode before. We were led up a mountain track and the horses were running at times and losing their footing on rocks etc. My horse reared on it's back legs twice and I couldn't wait to get off. Saying that, the kids seemed to like it. Pont Aven is beautiful and on the last day of our holiday after missing the ferry we spent the day in Roscoff which is lovely. We went on a boat trip to Ile de Batz which was very scenic and pretty. We had about 4 days hot weather, 4 average days and two rainy days. I notice people have mentioned noisy teenagers. There were plenty of them but they seemed well behaved to me and we weren't bothered by noise. All in all a great holiday.

1  Thank MissWalton
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were hoping for a site that catered for all ages, but this was not to be. Our group comprised 4 adults, plus three children aged 14, 10 and 10 months. We booked for a week with Keycamp and our supposed villagrande deluxe accomodation (the biggest available) did not live up to expectations. Our sleeping arrangements were very cramped, not very clean and the layout not as promised. The site is very noisy at night for various reasons, and in my opinion aimed predominantly at teenagers (there is a late night disco most nights) We specifically asked for a quieter spot at booking- having a baby, but this was not the case. Therefore it was often very late before we were able to sleep.
As has been posted earlier, it seems there may be a problem with stomach upsets at the site. By day four, two of our party (adults) had contracted this particular nasty affliction. On day five a further adult had this and when I asked the keycamp rep for help with our accomodation, as I was keen to prevent the remaining party catching this (particularly the children), I was told they couldn't help as they were fully booked (despite us being misled regarding our accomodation) no other assistance was offered.
By the end of the holiday all seven of us had contracted this bug. We were also made aware of another family being affected nearby. The fact that one of our toilets wasn't working properly for two days couldn't have helped. Although this was fixed eventually.
It speaks volumes that the most relaxed part of our holiday was the ferry cabin on the way home which seemed like luxury compared with the campsite...
I feel that despite our holiday experience being somewhat of a nightmare, it only fair to point out the positive aspects..
1) The site is in a beautiful location next to the river. Brittany is a lovely area of France that we would certainly visit again, and there are lots of great places to visit nearby.
2) There are lots of activities on offer at the site for older children eg Zipwiring, canoeing, waterslides, quad biking and horse riding etc. Unfortunately there is very little available for small children though.
3) The on site shop, although a little more expensive than supermarkets is well equipped, and great for getting breakfast baguettes and croissants etc.

2  Thank woodford190822
Also consider these accommodations in or near Locunole
Thalasso Concarneau Spa Marin Resort
Camping Le Lac O Fees
Camping Le Lac O Fees
#1 of 1 in Priziac
Camping Sandaya Les 2 Fontaines

Been to Camping Le Ty Nadan? Share your experiences!