Beachcombers Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel(Arnos Vale)(Great Value!)
$85
$129
Priceline
  • Pool
$120
$96
Mariners Hotel(St. Vincent)
$145
Young Island Resort(St. Vincent)
$282
Grenadine House(Kingstown)
$151
$104
Hotwire.com
All reviewsst vincentsmall poolstandard roomvilla beachlovely hotelbar and restaurant stafflocal dishesroom was largenice stayocean viewpool deckrooms are cleana family run hotelmy home away from homeclose to the airportcruise shipenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I spent 8 nights in the islands on business. The first 5 nights were at other hotels on other islands. I had a rough 5 nights. When I went to the Beachcombers, I arrived after 9pm. The kitchen was closing, but the hotel kept it open just for me! The food was great, and the service was on par with any 5-star hotel I have ever seen. Carlita, the dining manager, was fabulous... warm smile, and ready to take care of any need I had. I was there less than 2 hours, and 4 employees that I had never seen greeted me by name. The bar staff looked after my needs with impecable quickness and accuracy for 3 days. The front office staff, Anya in particular, took the time to arrange taxis as needed, and provide all the island information I needed. I checked out before the front office opened. Joe, the night security guy took it upon himself to stop by my room and make sure I was up (at 5am) to make sure I made my flight.

It's not often that I receive this type of attention, and at the low price I paid for the room. There wasn't a single need that I had that wasn't met FASTER that in the USA. I want to move there! When I wrote the management after my stay, they thanked me for my comments, and even offered me a discount and upgrade for my next stay. I love this place!

If you are staying on St Vincent, you will not regret staying here... regardless of the price.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank bbbbbguy
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My husband and I travelled to St Vincent and Bequia for our honeymoon. We spent the first 2 nights in St Vincent (at the Beachcomber), on to Bequia for 2 nights and back for our last night in Beachcomber.

Our first 2 nights, we were booked into a standard room. We were on a budget and so we opted for this room as it was the lowest in price and also included continental breakfast, which the other proprties didnt seem to offer.

The standard room is basic, but that is what we expected. It was 2 single beds pushed together, instead of one queen/king bed. We had a shared patio with the other standard rooms but spent most of our time out and about or chilling on the beach or at the pool. The breakfast that was included in the room rate was limited - one type of juice, cereals, toast and banana bread. You could purchase cooked breakfasts from the menu if required though. We only ate at the restaurant on the first evening, but the food was fine.

When we returned, we were booked into a deluxe room as the standards were all booked. We were kindly upgraded to a suuperdeluxe room. When we walked into this room, we could not believe we were at the same hotel as our first 2 nights. The room was alot larger and brighter, with a king size bed, private balcony over looking the sea and a large bathroom with a massive shower. The room was very comfortable with plusher funishings than the standard room and we both wished we had opted for this room type from the get - go.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and when we asked for a tour of the hotel and the other room types, this was not a problem. The lovely Beverly showed us the penthouse, deluxe and a new suite they are just finishing. They are all of very good quality.

My husband is already talking about going back to St Vincent in 2011 and staying at the Beachcomber, but we will treat ourselves to the superdeluxe room for sure - the view is to die for. (FYI - The standard rooms were being done up as we were leaving, so will hopefully be brighter).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank glittergirl85
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We split our vacation so that we spent a few days on St Vincent, then went to Bequia, then came back to St. Vincent and Beachcomer. First part of the Beachcomer experience was fine. Service ok to good (still slow by US standards), food ok (nothing to write home about but filling), no spa although they advertised one.

Second part of the vacation was not as good. First night we had to go thru three rooms to find one with a working a/c. Given the fact there were 6 vacancies this should not have taken as long as it did. Passports and Blackberry were stolen from room had to struggle to get police called and service went down hill considerably from first few days.

Warning: lock up valuables
They have no water front views until the new building is completed and then it's not really water front.
Furnishings are a mix from decent to pawn store rejects / mis-matched
They advertise a spa but don't count on it
Room sizes vary and in a few they cram furniture in you can't use

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WRBNA1225
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I hope they give me enough space to write about this hotel. It was a lovely experience!! We checked in late as our "LIAT" flight was delayed in Barbados. We were literally enterting while the Reception was closing the for night. The Receptionist (although looking rather tired and glad to be going home at the end of her shift) greeted us with a smile and attended to us like if we were royalty. She checked us in and said she will be seeing her tomorrow as she was on the morning shift. We got to our room which was very inviting and cosy. We booked a deluxe room and we were pleasantly surprised at the amenities. We were very happy and settled down for the night. Next morning, we woke up with birds chirping outside on our balcony which I found so sweet. We were overlooking a beautiful garden and now saw the extent of the beauty of the hotel in the light as we didn't really see much the previous night. Went down to the restaurant and we were greeted with smiles from everyone on the way down. We were very delighted at this as we had just come from a hotel in Barbados where everyone seemed rather dull and uninterested in serving us. We had breakfast which was included in the room rate which I found was great because the room rate was already reasonable for the room we got. We then went off to the room via the receptionist to see the lady who checked us in. She was there and she was even more gracious and she even introduced me to the owner who was there with her grandchildren. It was at this time, we both knew we were going to have a lovely stay becasue the owner was very hospitable and gracious. We spent 5 nights at Beachcombers and we have already booked our stay for December and would definately stay here longer. The food was very nice too. Alot to choose from and we ate it all. All the staff were so friendly and all seemed very happy to be working there!! We had a very very pleasant stay at this hotel and would definately recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crimpson123
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I stayed at this hotel before my wedding and had my wedding photos taken in their gardens. The hotel grounds are gorgeous with fab views and the staff were so accomodating & helpful. The rooms were always clean and cozy. I'd definately stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family