Paradise Beach Hotel
$129
Mariners Hotel(St. Vincent)
$125
Travelocity
Young Island Resort(St. Vincent)
$282
Travelocity
$91
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sugar Reef Bequia(Bequia)(Great Value!)
$140
All reviewsfantasea toursfriday nightlobsterst vincentrestaurant staffkind stafffriendly hotelnice beach locationlocals enjoyingliterally stepsrum punchbeach towelscruise shipcaribbean stylea wonderful stayother islandsrotis
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed at the Paradise Beach Hotel from 9th Jan 2014 - 13th Jan 2014 and returned on 22nd January the night before our flight home to UK. The room had a lovely sea view and we had a private balcony. Room 7. The bed was large and very comfortable, the room was adequate with a fridge, safe and tv. We had breakfast at the hotel and this was very good. We enjoyed the friday night barbecue. There were other hotels nearby which also served good food. Staff were friendly and helpful. No pool but the sea was lovely to swim in and just a stones throw from the restaurant.The shower was adequaate although upgrading would not go wrong. We have no complaints about the accommodation and would recommend it to anyone wishing to explore St Vincent and the Grenadines.The reception and restaurant close a bit early we felt as there was noone there when we arrived at 10pm until a caretaker appeared with our key which was ok but it would have been nice to get a drink after such a long journey from the uk.

Room Tip: The best room we were told is 17 but we were quite happy with room 7.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Paradise Beach hotel for 6 days in early February, 2014. We booked a one bedroom ocean view apartment since we wanted to make our own breakfast and pack a picnic lunch while visiting this beautiful island. The small kitchen could have been a bit more equipped including a frying pan and some good knives but overall adequate. Staff were very friendly and the view was excellent, including the great sunsets! We ate at the restaurant a few times and the food was very good. Service a bit slow but heck - we were on vacation - what's the rush! The beach, although narrow is great for swimming and it was good to see the locals enjoying the water. Snorkeling at the end of the beach was pretty good. Location is close to Kingstown which is good for picking up supplies. Adjacent hotels and restaurants were nice to have close by. Overall great value.

Room Tip: Select an ocean view room to take advantage of the breeze.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Paradise Beach for one night while waiting for a ferry to Bequia, and Paradise Beach was very adequate.

Some Pros:
--Excellent BBQ on Friday nights
--Breakfast was pretty good too
--Staff is very friendly
--The hotel is right on the beach
--Our room (room 7) had a lovely balcony with sea views
--Lots of channels on the TV in the room
--Free wifi

The Cons:
--The staff, while friendly, seemed a bit vacant. It took four or five conversations to get our breakfast right (pancakes with bacon, we're not complicated!)
--The beach itself is pretty small
--There's a party boat launch about 80m down the beach that started playing house and trance music at 8am
--Our room (again, room 7) was right on top of the tin-roofed hotel bar/restaurant, which was super noisy well into the night
--Wifi signal didn't reach our room
--The door to the balcony didn't have screens, which was a bit of a shame. Would have liked to have enjoyed the sea sounds a bit more (though somehow we had no trouble hearing people shouting on the beach at 7am)
--The room felt very dated and yellow
--Perhaps we just didn't get out enough, but it didn't seem like there was much around the hotel from a things-to-do perspective

All in all, it was a decent place to stay for a night if you're just passing through (especially if it's Friday night, for the BBQ), but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room that's not on top of the restaurant / bar!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WyattC
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed for one night and most of the next day awaiting a flight out of Kingstown. I booked via the internet and as a result had a small room. The room was dated, but I will say it was clean and in good repair. Although warned that the water pressure was low due to the floods over Christmas, it was fine for a shower. Everything worked well (internet, television and a/c). There was no one at the desk when I arrived but as soon as I found someone, they quickly checked me in. After that, my questions were answered half-heartedly and the service was slow (island time). I would not have sat on the beach in front of the hotel. Along the hotel the surf came up to the fence and the sand did not look inviting. The pictures accompanying this hotel's Trip Advisor reviews are correct - they just look a little better than the place did in person.

Room Tip: If you are staying for more than one day - you definitely want to be looking at the water from your room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was happy to be back at Paradise Beach Hotel for the Christmas Celebrations. My family and I had a week to relax in St.Vincent then moved on to Bequia to end our stay. I was rally sad to hear of the destruction caused to the island during the Christmas Eve floods and best wishes go out to the families who were displaced and or loss family members. I must commend the management and staff of Paradise for looking after us as well as they did during the difficult period after the rains. The entire island had major issues with electricity and water, but we always we'll looked after. The food was great as always and our room was clean and comfortable. I had to over night on my way back home and it was great to see that thing were back to normal. Thanks Paradise, I will be back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family