“HORRIBLE - Do not stay here!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area

Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Duson
Cypress, TX
“HORRIBLE - Do not stay here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our group booked apprx. 20 rooms for the weekend. We had stayed here years ago and had a great experience. Unfortunately the hotel has gone down hill. Two of the rooms had ants in them. Not just a few ants but trails of ants and in one room they were in the bed. The front desk gave us cans of bug spray to deal with it. We rented a "suite" that had a large tv and full kitchen. The vinyl sofa in the room had rips in it and the extra large outdated tv did not get good reception. Both ac units in the room were broken and service came twice the first night and still could not get them fixed. They provided another room to sleep in but early the next morning (9:00 am) said we had to move everything out. We had the refrigerator full for our 20 rooms of guest and no where to put it. Although he ac was still broken and could not be rented to anyone else they wanted it cleared. So, we had to move out the replacement room for the day and if it's not fixed will have to move back into a
replacement room again. The breakfast was sad. There's a waffle maker, a crock pot with eggs, cereals, toast and pre-packaged rolls. The coffee had grinds in it. We asked to speak to the owner/manager but they would not call him. The upside is the location and the friendliness of the cleaning ladies (I think they felt bad for us).

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
super8duson, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I appologize for all the inconveniences you have experienced. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.
I would like to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I am a trucker and stay in hotels when away. This was hotel was better than some Super 8's I've stayed in and not as mode as others but on the whole a real good bang for your buck. I myself won't WTG again because I don't like Parking at a truck stop while I'm staying in a motel. Not enough parking out there for guys that sleep in there trucks. I had little choose since my hours for the day were almost out. Staff was helpful room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
super8duson, Manager at Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the entire Trip Advisor community regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and that you enjoyed the service of our staff!
I appologize for not having enough parking for truckers who sleep in their trucks. But we do have some parking in the back if you donot prefer to park at the truckstop next door.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best regards,
Sheila
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I met my mother at 5pm 8-7-12 to pick up my neice and nephew to bring the home with me. When I arrived my mother was at that the front desk telling the lady at the counter that her toilet was stopped up, she handed my mother a plunger. I looked at the woman and said this is the first hotel in which I have seen that your guests have to unstop their own toilet, it was at this point that the lady developed a very nasty attitude. She looked at my mother who is 65 and said what did he expect me to unstop it. We unstopped the toilet and my mother returned the plunger that lady at the counter then informed my mother that I would have to leave the hotel ( wasnt there to stay just to get the kids ) but thats beside the point. This was the worst case of customer service i have ever seen in my life, not to mention the room 101 had a strong odor of mildew. Would never recommend anyone staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: After the service at this location wouldnt recommend it to anyone and I wasnt even staying there jus...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Duson hotels

Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I ignored the old reviews, because the more recent reviews seemed much better; however so far it has been the worst hotel on our trip. The room reeked of mildew, and when I pulled the nightstand away from the wall to recharge my phone, I was hit with a highly concentrated odor of mold/mildew.- So strong, I was concerned about my health, in staying overnight in that room. My PJ's held the smell even through our next (much better) hotel in Houston. The bright spot in our stay was the breakfast hostess, who, although she was supposed to begin picking up breakfast at 8:54AM, she pulled out waffle batter, syrup, butter, and milk- for my boys who arrived at 8:59AM. She was very pleasant, helpful, and "mothered" my young teen boys until I stumbled out a few minutes later.

Room Tip: Stay away from 101.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
super8duson, Manager at Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We are sorry about the odor in the room since reading your message we went and re-renovated the room and fix it up nice. And we hope that this does not stop you from staying with us in the future. So we hope to see you again.
Thanks Managerment.
Cary, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I am very pleased with this place ("am" because I'm writing this from my hotel room using their WiFi). It's not a swank hotel--it's a Super 8--but it's good at all the things I really care about. You can see the motel right off of Exit 92 off I-10, and what led me here were all the street signs on the highway. The reception desk was friendly, checkin was smooth and quick, the AC works, hallways were quiet--actually there weren't that many people here. They did a decent job cleaning, although the furnishings are a little chipped and scratched. They offer 1- and 2-bed units, which it turns out if you get the 1, that has an advantage: you know how hotels keep offering 2 queen beds? But you have no use for the other one.... These guys, if you take the 1-bed unit, they swap out the other bed for a love seat, desk, and some extra floor space. It also has a mini-fridge (no wet bar) and a microwave. Almost like a suite. I must say, though, that the breakfast was not very good. It was your standard Days Inn/la Quinta type with the waffles and cereal, but they had packets of oatmeal but no hot water, for example. I think it's because there was no one here (I guess no one being here works in your favor late at night, but not at breakfast). Oh, and I must add: it's not just the affordable price, it's the taxes! Taxes were like 10%. That low for a hotel is unheard of.

Room Tip: If you don't need 2 beds, get the 1-bed. See above.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

We spent 5 nights here as our headquarters for our Cajun Mardi Gras. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet included scrambled eggs and waffles. It was very reasonably priced. It features interior corridors and an elevator.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We enjoyed our one night stay in Duson. The room was large and clean---good A/C!!
Some people who are unhappy must expect too much for a budget hotel!! It is a great stay for travelers on I-10!!! We would and will stay again!!

The breakfast was a little limited at the time!! However, I read that it now has hot items!! We take numerous trips and frequent Super 8 hotels!!!

Keep up the good work!!

Dee and Bruce Kingsville, TX

Room Tip: Read reviews and check photos!! Stay away from rooms near ice machines and the highway side!!!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duson
BEST WESTERN Rayne Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Scott
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Scott Lafayette
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette

Been to Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area? Share your experiences!