“Passing through- wish I could stop and fish awhile”

Lake Bistineau State Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Doyline
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I left Ringgold, La after attending a funeral and traveling on Highway 157 toward Taylortown, La.. I came across the south edge of Lake Bistineau and stop at this bridge. Couple of men was pulling in their boat rig and appear to have a good day of fishing. Someone once told me- 'On rainy cloudy days are the best time to go fishing.' If I wasn't in a hurry to get back home, I wish I was 'dress' for fishing and find out for myself, if this ole saying was true.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went to the 'lake' today and there is absolutely no water. All boat ramps are closed and there is tall grass growing where the lake once was. There is no reason to return.

2  Thank S G
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We camped here recently. I was really looking forward to the trails as I had heard they were pretty. Apparently, a storm came through and took down some trees ( and hit the gatehouse). They brought in loggers who, while they were there took down logs on the trails. They did a hack job and left a lot of debris. All the way down both sides of the trails. Looks like a war zone! They won't recover in my lifetime.

The campsites were large but the tables and firepits were in the area with the least amount of privacy.

The river was pretty and some of the kids there were catching fish off the dock

Disappointing.

2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Pavillion is fabulous for our family reunion. We love the lake, the trees with the Spanish Moss flowing in the wind and the areas for the children to play. There are plenty picnic tables for food and eating. the breeze coming off of the lake usually keeps us very comfortable while we visit and catch up with each other. The toilets are always clean and well maintained. The park rangers are always making rounds and checking the area. I just wish the water was higher and the moss in the water would go away.

1  Thank Sammy H
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very clean park with reasonable rates. Camping sites available for tent or RV and cabins also. Swimming and boating areas easy access and well maintained. Public restroom and showers average, could use a little upkeep.

1  Thank JimmyCarlBlack