“Incredible!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is incredible in every way:
- food: I had the crab cake dinner which I loved. I tasted the crabmeat stuffed portobella mushroom entree which was incredible. My favor wad the fried catfish with the roasted garlic sauce. For desert we had the chocolate pecan pie which was heavenly!
-service: the best service ever in a restaurant. She was incredible. We had an 8 year old with us that she went out of her way to indulge making him a special desert.
-atmosphere: you will love walking around looking at the beautiful and colorful artwork.
We cannot wait to go back to the grapevine!

1  Thank lisalisala

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family and I ate at the Grapevile Cafe right after Christmas a party of 12. We had a reservation for 7:30 and we were seated at 7:30 orders were taken right away and the food was great and the desserts were devine!

1  Thank Hessmer
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were in Donaldsonville and ready for lunch. On the main street of this small town there seemed to be 6 or 8 stlyish restaurants but most of them were permanently closed or not open for lunch. We did find the Grapvine Cafe and Gallery open. The host at our B&B had also recommended this place.

The interior is a large location with exposed brick walls, tin ceilings and widely spaced tables. There is a fine collection of eclectic art on the walls adding a bright fresh tone of excitement to the place. We were able to find a table easily and prepared for a nice lunch.

It started out the best way possible with a basket of hot crisp fresh french bread with sweet butter. I was ready to stop here but knew I would be missing a nice meal.

My wife ordered the shrimp sandwich on a croisant. The crossiant was flaky and the abundant helping of grilled shrimp allowed me to sample several times. The shrimp were well spiced and grilled leaving then tender and sweet.

I had one of the signature dishes here the Crawfish Cornbread. The slab of cornbread was server hot in a bowl with a crawfish etouffe accompanying it. The crawfish etoufee was nice and spicy and the crawfish were large juicy crustacean. The cornbread has a hint of sweetness and it also made with a generous helping of crawfish in the cornbread. Each bite was a delight.

The portions are large and we did not leave any room for dessert unfortunately.

The service was prompt, courteous and professional yet with a friendly air of a local cafe.

1  Thank NJTravellingfool
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I went for a business dinner to this restaurant and it was fantastic! The seafood is delicious!!

The restaurant itself is very fine both inside and out. They even have a backyard or in this case besideyard were you can eat if the weather lets you. It is very nice inside with some paintings of local artists which you can buy if you like.

The firework shrimp is very delicious and spicy. The bread is baked to perfection and the crab pie was also a very nice treat!

A must eat in this region!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Only obvious open restaurant in Donaldsonville at night, this social centre for the locals, provided good, if rather expensive food.