“Lunch”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just passing thru visiting plantations on River Road. I had crabcake app and a salad. As the waitress told me "lots of crab, not much cake". So true. So good that the next day we timed our day so we could eat there again, and I had the exact same thing. Bread at the table was heaven. And of course, sweet tea. Cute place and you could tell there were a lot of locals.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and myself had dinner here this evening. The ambience was very nice. We started with the Crawfish Cornbread and it was great! My husband had grilled fish with a crab au gratin sauce. I had the Grapevine Pasta with grilled shrimp. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal and we'll definitely be back!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My Honey and I celebrated with a special meal out of the norm for us. Donaldsonville is about one hour north of New Orleans, but a nice drive on the Interstate. Grapevine Cafe is a fairly large, but still a quaint place, with live music at night. Reservations are suggested but we lucked out and got a table right by the musician. Dinner was very good and reasonably priced. The service was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. It really made for a romantic evening! Prior to dinner we walked around town and up the levee to see the Mississippi River. Very nice town! Check out their website for menu details: http://www.grapevinecafeandgallery.com/food/lunch-and-dinner.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are staying in the area for a few nights and visited here for an evening meal. We'd booked for 8pm but arrived half an hour early and this didn't cause a problem at all. Excellent food, ambience and the service couldn't be faulted! Would well recommend a visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had not been to the Grapevine for a number of years so were looking forward to it and were not disappointed. I had the wonderful turtle soup to start, salad, followed by half a duck (the tenderest I have ever had) which came with mashed potatoes, green beans and a glaze sauce. My other guests had eggplant medallion with crab au gratin sauce, crawfish cornbread, turtle soup, and salads, followed by crawfish cornbread and catfish, crab cakes, and pork medallion (very tender and well cooked). Our meal also consisted of bread, a cocktail, a bottle of wine, 2 coffees and white chocolate bread pudding and lemon ice box pie for dessert. Total of $150 for the four of us plus tip. We did not book and it was a Saturday night but they fit us in at 5pm for two hours before it got really busy. I would advise you to book.