“Romantic evening”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My Honey and I celebrated with a special meal out of the norm for us. Donaldsonville is about one hour north of New Orleans, but a nice drive on the Interstate. Grapevine Cafe is a fairly large, but still a quaint place, with live music at night. Reservations are suggested but we lucked out and got a table right by the musician. Dinner was very good and reasonably priced. The service was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. It really made for a romantic evening! Prior to dinner we walked around town and up the levee to see the Mississippi River. Very nice town! Check out their website for menu details: http://www.grapevinecafeandgallery.com/food/lunch-and-dinner.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are staying in the area for a few nights and visited here for an evening meal. We'd booked for 8pm but arrived half an hour early and this didn't cause a problem at all. Excellent food, ambience and the service couldn't be faulted! Would well recommend a visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had not been to the Grapevine for a number of years so were looking forward to it and were not disappointed. I had the wonderful turtle soup to start, salad, followed by half a duck (the tenderest I have ever had) which came with mashed potatoes, green beans and a glaze sauce. My other guests had eggplant medallion with crab au gratin sauce, crawfish cornbread, turtle soup, and salads, followed by crawfish cornbread and catfish, crab cakes, and pork medallion (very tender and well cooked). Our meal also consisted of bread, a cocktail, a bottle of wine, 2 coffees and white chocolate bread pudding and lemon ice box pie for dessert. Total of $150 for the four of us plus tip. We did not book and it was a Saturday night but they fit us in at 5pm for two hours before it got really busy. I would advise you to book.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I really loved the treatment. And vanilla bean latte. Chris was the greatest waiter ever! We will be real soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I ate here for dinner last Saturday night. The menu has an excellent selection of fresh seafood and steaks/pork/chicken. My wife had a chicken breast stuffed with crab meat. She is still raving about how great it tasted. I had the half and half crawfish which is half fried and half etouffe. The service was excellent and the restaurant was clean. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes a cajun flare to their food.