“Consistently INCREDIBLE Louisiana Cuisine!!!!!”
Review of Grapevine Cafe

Grapevine Cafe
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Located in the original capital city of Louisiana, Donaldsonville, Grapevine is one of the best restaurants in the southeast. My family and I have been going to this restaurant for over a decade and without fail we have ALWAYS enjoyed INCREDIBLE meals. The prices are reasonable, service hospitable, and and atmosphere artsy-eclectic. Whenever we have out-of-state family come for a visit, we always take them to Grapevine for great, authentic Louisiana French creole cuisine. This restaurant rivals any of the 5-star New Orleans restaurants and is definitely worth the drive.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We drove 30 minutes and found it well worth the trip for dinner.
We were readily seated and served by a very friendly and helpful waitress.
We enjoyed seating inside (too cold outside) near the bar. There was no live music that night.
The stuffed chicken and crawfish/shrimp pie were delicious. Local brewery Abita ale and a tasty dessert added to our pleasant experience

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This restaurant was outstanding. The food was excellent, the live band was just as good, and the atmosphere was lively. They have a great selection of local foods. I had the crawdad etoufee and loved every bite. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I traveled almost 2 hours to get to this restaurant because of the good reviews. We called and were told they closed for lunch at 2 o'clock. We got held up in road construction and finally arrived at 1:40. We were refused service because they said they were closed. I told them we had driven 2 hours and it wasn't 2:00 yet. They still said, "sorry, we're closed". I think this is probably the worst customer oriented restaurant I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with and we will NEVER give them the opportunity to do that to us again. Nothing is worth that type of insult.

5  Thank Bev_cal
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Traveling through Louisiana? Looking for a Great place to eat with Great food? Find your way to Donaldsonville, La, a small quiet town on the Mississippi River close to the Sunshine bridge. My wife and I were there 2/9/13....and had the most enjoyable dining experience. The town is not one that time forgot, but it still carries some of the old style Southern traditions and looks.

The establishment was clean and the hostess was very polite upon entering. After being seated, service was a little slow coming over, but they were polite, courteous and friendly. The appetizers were great. We had a healthy portion of the "Spicy Shrimp w/Praline Pecans", fantastic. Our friends had the "Crab Cake" and they looked delicious. I also had the Crab, Shrimp and Corn bisque which was awesome. For the entree, I had the Crabmeat stuffed Portobello Mushroom and grilled Shrimp. It was just a complete delight. I could go on and on, but you have to try it for yourselves. Go online and look at their menu, it's delicious. If you enjoy "Cajun/Southern cuisine.....you have got to try the Grapevine Cafe and Gallery in Donaldsonville, La.

Frank W.