“Great place, great food, great prices”
Review of Grapevine Cafe

Grapevine Cafe
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This restaurant was outstanding. The food was excellent, the live band was just as good, and the atmosphere was lively. They have a great selection of local foods. I had the crawdad etoufee and loved every bite. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I traveled almost 2 hours to get to this restaurant because of the good reviews. We called and were told they closed for lunch at 2 o'clock. We got held up in road construction and finally arrived at 1:40. We were refused service because they said they were closed. I told them we had driven 2 hours and it wasn't 2:00 yet. They still said, "sorry, we're closed". I think this is probably the worst customer oriented restaurant I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with and we will NEVER give them the opportunity to do that to us again. Nothing is worth that type of insult.

5  Thank Bev_cal
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Traveling through Louisiana? Looking for a Great place to eat with Great food? Find your way to Donaldsonville, La, a small quiet town on the Mississippi River close to the Sunshine bridge. My wife and I were there 2/9/13....and had the most enjoyable dining experience. The town is not one that time forgot, but it still carries some of the old style Southern traditions and looks.

The establishment was clean and the hostess was very polite upon entering. After being seated, service was a little slow coming over, but they were polite, courteous and friendly. The appetizers were great. We had a healthy portion of the "Spicy Shrimp w/Praline Pecans", fantastic. Our friends had the "Crab Cake" and they looked delicious. I also had the Crab, Shrimp and Corn bisque which was awesome. For the entree, I had the Crabmeat stuffed Portobello Mushroom and grilled Shrimp. It was just a complete delight. I could go on and on, but you have to try it for yourselves. Go online and look at their menu, it's delicious. If you enjoy "Cajun/Southern cuisine.....you have got to try the Grapevine Cafe and Gallery in Donaldsonville, La.

Frank W.

1  Thank Frank W
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Grapevine is an excellent little resturant with great atmosphere. During the evening I would suggest reservations. I had the Crab Cakes which were excellent. The Crab Cakes are so far the best in Louisiana I've tried. We drive an hour to get to the Grapevine to eat and it is well worth the drive.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went in for lunch with 2 friends, (3 people total) had our drink order & lunch special description taken by the Bussboy. Our waitress only came by 3 times. Take the order after we had been sitting for over 8 minutes, check on our food & bring the check.. she not once mentioned her name. Being in the restaurant industry I know what kind of things to expect from an establishment since I walk in the door. Food was good, but not worth the asking price with bad service like I had. Would not go back again.