“NEVER AGAIN”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
New Orleans
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

This place was DISGUSTING! We changed rooms 3 times....by the 3rd time I figured that it just didn't get better than that....FILTHY!!!!
I had to squat using the restroom because it was so dirty. Thank God I was there for only one night because I didn't even attempt to take a shower in that filthy bathroom. I figured I'd be cleaner not taking a shower then to take one in there. I even used my purse as a pillow because I wasn't going to dare put my head down on that thing..
Never in my life have I ever seen a hotel this bad. Now we know why when we pulled up we were the only car there!!!! DO NOT PAY TO GO TO STAY AT THIS PLACE...YOU'D WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN A DOG CAGE....

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
10 Thank bre2228

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lucas
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The smell was almost unbearable. It was a musty smell. The shower had a large hold in the back wall and duct tape in the corner. The smoke alarm had duct tape around it. I believe the city will be interested in seeing this. The blankets were so nasty in that they not only felt hard, but had numerous holes. The shower had hair all on the bottom and the carpet in one corner of the room looked like it had never been vacuumed. This is a hotel where the charge should be no more than $29 per night.

• Stayed July 2009
5 Thank AllenLucas

Travelers are raving about these Denham Springs hotels

Jacksonville
Reviewed May 1, 2009

This hotel is MUCH nicer than its rating would have you believe - there was nothing at all wrong with this hotel. We had a problem with our reservation, arrived at 2:30 am and the night manager Robert couldn't have been more helpful.
The room was clean with excellent linens and great pillows. Beautiful lobby, nice presentation all the way around. Free Wifi in room worked fine.
We slept through the breakfast, so I can't rate that, but we were very, very pleasantly surprised with this hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lauriemcv
Louisiana
Reviewed February 1, 2009

I booked this motel because of a business trip. The first day was the beginning of how the staff does not communicate with each other.
I contacted the motel on Jan 24, 2009, and was told there was a room available for a one week booking. I booked the room with a company check over the phone and was given a confirmation or reservation number for the check.
I arrived in Denham Springs at about 5:40 pm and did not get my room until about 6:50pm, because the clerk that I spoke to failed to enter my information in the computer and assumed someone else was going to do it. I was told that due to the inconvience that I would not have to check out until the eve of the 30th (Friday).
The Sunday I walked into my room I could have fallen out because of the smell. I was given a smoking room. I do smoke. The room smelled like a restroom at an old bar room that had not been cleaned in weeks.. I went to the store next door and bought air freshener and candles. The microwave had old food stuck in it. Now don't get me wrong the room "looked" cleaned, but smelled horrible.
Monday Housekeeping came in and cleaned the room, and decided that my sinus medicine was no longer need by me. So they decided to throw it away.
Tuesday Housekeeping decided not to come and clean at all. All me bath towels and rooms was just as I left it that morning. There excuse was they thought I was sleeping, or thought they saw a "Do not disturb sign".
Wednesday I talked to Nick the "manager" who gave a outstanding excuse for the disappearance of my medicine. According to Nick "I find it hard to believe that my staff would steal your medicine because they are all from India and they don't even know what sinus medicine is. All I can do is ask them if they threw it away. If they say yes, I will reimburse you for the medicine".
Thursday is the first day I used or attempted to use the microwave. I had left overs from lunch. When I got back to my room I opened the microwave and found what appeared to be pieces of burnt tomatoes stuck in the corners of the microwave. I ate a cold sandwich.
Friday I got up and went to class. Around noon I got a call from the motel saying they were going to put my belongings in the hallway or in the lobby if I did not come get my belongings. I asked to speak with the manager to clear up the misunderstandings, but Nick did not want to talk. I could hear him in th background telling the clerk to relay the information to me. I asked him to understand that I was in a class for the State and offered to give him my credit card number over the phone. I was told that they did not take credit cards over the phone. Yet they excepted a check over the phone.
Thank God my instructors were generous enough to excuse me to go collect my belongings.
During the time I was collecting my things there was another couple loading a van which the elderly gentleman stated they had to leave because the hotel clerk messed up on their reservations.
Ladies and Gentlemen in our day and age information is critical. If part of your job is to put data in a computer then do it. If you foul up or create an error make it good with the customer. After all it is the customer that keeps "Days Inn" in business. I have given you my day by day account of the type of stay I had. You must now have to choose if you want that type of stay, and treatment. I have several more classes to take there in Denham Springs, and you can rest assurred that it won't be at that place.

• Liked — The store next door
  • Disliked — The lack of professonalism in Management
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
11 Thank Rodeoduzit
Bermuda
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times while visiting friends there and I've always found the staff to be quite friendly and helpful. The breakfast although not fabulous is adequate. My only complaint is that as a non-smoking person, I noticed that the hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. Both times I stayed here, I stayed on the first floor but in different rooms and both times I had the same experience. Sometimes, the smell is so strong that it does make it's way in the non-smoking rooms. Perhaps they should have smoking rooms in a different section from the non-smoking rooms. Otherwise than that, this hotel has always served my needs.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — smell of cigarette smoke
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank donnareap
Denton
Reviewed June 16, 2008

This was a discusting room with a discusting bathroom.
The room has a horrible smell which hits you as soon as you open the door. The bathroom was gross. The bathtub and shower looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy!!!!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank SW-SETravel
charlotte
Reviewed May 14, 2007

Our fourth stay and the worst ever, the refrigerator did not work, room was not clean and it smelled of mold. Staff always promised to correct problems, but never made the effort. We were asked by the manager what they could do, but offered no suggestions on how they would make ammends. I would not reccomend this motel to anyone who has the money to stay somewhere else.

• Liked — It was only for one night
  • Disliked — It was for one night
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank cr8tingf82
daysinn9936, General Manager at Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East, responded to this review, January 30, 2008
Our hotel has recently undergone a renovation. We are sorry your experience was anything less than expected. We hope you will give us another try-You will not be disappointed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#35 of 77 in Baton Rouge

Been to Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East? Share your experiences!