“Non Professional Management”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Louisiana
“Non Professional Management”
Reviewed February 1, 2009

I booked this motel because of a business trip. The first day was the beginning of how the staff does not communicate with each other.
I contacted the motel on Jan 24, 2009, and was told there was a room available for a one week booking. I booked the room with a company check over the phone and was given a confirmation or reservation number for the check.
I arrived in Denham Springs at about 5:40 pm and did not get my room until about 6:50pm, because the clerk that I spoke to failed to enter my information in the computer and assumed someone else was going to do it. I was told that due to the inconvience that I would not have to check out until the eve of the 30th (Friday).
The Sunday I walked into my room I could have fallen out because of the smell. I was given a smoking room. I do smoke. The room smelled like a restroom at an old bar room that had not been cleaned in weeks.. I went to the store next door and bought air freshener and candles. The microwave had old food stuck in it. Now don't get me wrong the room "looked" cleaned, but smelled horrible.
Monday Housekeeping came in and cleaned the room, and decided that my sinus medicine was no longer need by me. So they decided to throw it away.
Tuesday Housekeeping decided not to come and clean at all. All me bath towels and rooms was just as I left it that morning. There excuse was they thought I was sleeping, or thought they saw a "Do not disturb sign".
Wednesday I talked to Nick the "manager" who gave a outstanding excuse for the disappearance of my medicine. According to Nick "I find it hard to believe that my staff would steal your medicine because they are all from India and they don't even know what sinus medicine is. All I can do is ask them if they threw it away. If they say yes, I will reimburse you for the medicine".
Thursday is the first day I used or attempted to use the microwave. I had left overs from lunch. When I got back to my room I opened the microwave and found what appeared to be pieces of burnt tomatoes stuck in the corners of the microwave. I ate a cold sandwich.
Friday I got up and went to class. Around noon I got a call from the motel saying they were going to put my belongings in the hallway or in the lobby if I did not come get my belongings. I asked to speak with the manager to clear up the misunderstandings, but Nick did not want to talk. I could hear him in th background telling the clerk to relay the information to me. I asked him to understand that I was in a class for the State and offered to give him my credit card number over the phone. I was told that they did not take credit cards over the phone. Yet they excepted a check over the phone.
Thank God my instructors were generous enough to excuse me to go collect my belongings.
During the time I was collecting my things there was another couple loading a van which the elderly gentleman stated they had to leave because the hotel clerk messed up on their reservations.
Ladies and Gentlemen in our day and age information is critical. If part of your job is to put data in a computer then do it. If you foul up or create an error make it good with the customer. After all it is the customer that keeps "Days Inn" in business. I have given you my day by day account of the type of stay I had. You must now have to choose if you want that type of stay, and treatment. I have several more classes to take there in Denham Springs, and you can rest assurred that it won't be at that place.

• Liked — The store next door
  • Disliked — The lack of professonalism in Management
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
11 Thank Rodeoduzit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bermuda
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times while visiting friends there and I've always found the staff to be quite friendly and helpful. The breakfast although not fabulous is adequate. My only complaint is that as a non-smoking person, I noticed that the hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. Both times I stayed here, I stayed on the first floor but in different rooms and both times I had the same experience. Sometimes, the smell is so strong that it does make it's way in the non-smoking rooms. Perhaps they should have smoking rooms in a different section from the non-smoking rooms. Otherwise than that, this hotel has always served my needs.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — smell of cigarette smoke
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank donnareap
Denton
Reviewed June 16, 2008

This was a discusting room with a discusting bathroom.
The room has a horrible smell which hits you as soon as you open the door. The bathroom was gross. The bathtub and shower looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy!!!!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank SW-SETravel

Travelers are raving about these Denham Springs hotels

charlotte
Reviewed May 14, 2007

Our fourth stay and the worst ever, the refrigerator did not work, room was not clean and it smelled of mold. Staff always promised to correct problems, but never made the effort. We were asked by the manager what they could do, but offered no suggestions on how they would make ammends. I would not reccomend this motel to anyone who has the money to stay somewhere else.

• Liked — It was only for one night
  • Disliked — It was for one night
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank cr8tingf82
daysinn9936, General Manager at Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East, responded to this review, January 30, 2008
Our hotel has recently undergone a renovation. We are sorry your experience was anything less than expected. We hope you will give us another try-You will not be disappointed.
Byrant, Arkansas
Reviewed August 3, 2006

We were there for a ball tournament. Our room was not ready when we arrived - the strips in the tub were worthless - my husband slipped and fell out of the shower onto the bathroom floor. Went to front desk and they said they would correct, but no help - also said would give discount on room - which we never did receive. Also, my 11 yr old son was approached by another male guest to "party in his room" and went to front desk and was told it was a personal problem. We did call the police and they came to make a report. The refrig and microwave was dirty. There was food left in the refrig from the past guest. We were at the end of the hall on the first floor and the door to the outside (which had a key lock) was never locked all night. I will not stay at a Days Inn again. This was the 2nd bad experience with this hotel. The 1st bad experience was in Florida. There were several other team members that were unhappy with there stay, but I will let them write there own review. Also the breakfast was awlful. The orange juice machine was broken everyday but one.

• Liked — they were nice enough to wash our ball uniforms because washer was broken
  • Disliked — husband falling; dirty microwave-refrid - no clean towels - washer broken
  • Stayed July 2006
2 Thank tdc0628
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2006

My wife and my 2 chidren were traveling through, we saw this place while we were getting gas, and we decided to stay. Great people, the staff was very helpful and nice!! they even offer Board Games for my children to keep them entertained. I saved $20.00 dollars on breakfast at a restaurant. They have a wide selection of things even hot waffles. The rooms were clean, what can you ask for. I'll stay here every time I pass through.

• Stayed February 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2004

I stayed here in the fall of 2003 when i went to see an lsu football game with some old friends. We made last minute plans, and finding a decent place to stay in baton rouge was very difficult, so we opted to stay on the outskirts...which led us to Denham Springs. Denham doesn't have any cool places to stay, and this placed looked better than all of the other choices. It gave us just what we needed, a nice, clean place to spend the night. The front desk was staffed with what appeared to be college students, and they were really nice. If you are ever just passing through for the night, this place should suit your needs.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#35 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Sleep Inn South
Sleep Inn South
#27 of 77 in Baton Rouge

Been to Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East? Share your experiences!