“Overnight Stay on way to Galveston”

Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Collierville, Tennessee
“Overnight Stay on way to Galveston”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Only issue I had with our stay was when we arrived to the room there was a beer bottle left on the table and the TV was on. While that was really usual I wasn't skiddish about staying because we were really tired after driving 5 straight hours. It was a little hot in the room and both my husband and I tried to get the air conditioner to turn on but couldn't get it to work. If we stayed for more than one night I would have complained, but considering it was just an overnight stay we dealt with it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DIHotelManagement, General Manager at Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your last visit. I would like to apologize for the room being anything less thn acceptable. Please consider giving us another chance to show you we value our guests, and will provide a more satisfactory stay for you. We appreciate you taking time for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lamar, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I used my Wyndham reward points to reserve a non-smoking King with sofa bed. We drove all day to arrive at this hotel to check in, only to find our reservation had been changed again. Once checked in, The first room was two double beds, which does not work well with my family size. Our second room had not been properly cleaned. We know this by the presence of men's underware between the sofa & a/c unit. There was a half eaten sandwich folded under the sofa bed. The King bed comforter had been tucked in, but the sheets under it were wrinckled as though someone had just got out of bed. The toilet seat was up & the toilet paper wasn't folded into the point that they always do when they clean the rooms to indicate it's clean. The third room was basically ok, but had a toilet that rocked side to side, and to flush it, you had to hold the handle down. When we spoke to the assistant manager about this the next morning, we were pretty much dismissed with "I'm sorry you feel that way" and that was that. I'm done with this Denham Springs Business!!! I have tried out another brand that is not in the Wyndham rewards program, and they are pretty good. I'll pay cash & stay 5 miles up the road next time. Good Bye Days Inn Denham Springs.

Room Tip: No survaillance cameras on the north end of the parking area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DIHotelManagement, General Manager at Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you Ginny S for choosing Days Inn Denham Springs. I would like to apologize for your stay with us being unsatisfactory. The issues from the rooms has been addressed with Front Desk staff, Housekeeping and Maintenance to ensure this does not happen again. Proper discipline action has been taken as well. Our staff knows these types of issues are unacceptable and each room has been detail cleaned and inspected. If you would, please give us a chance to impress you and show you the changes we have made. Thank you for your review.

Travelers are raving about these Denham Springs hotels

Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I got a good deal for 5 nights and it provided everything that I needed ( mainly a microwave and a refrigerator). There was a desk and a sofa which was nice too. The sheets were clean (I always check by looking for hair, dirt, crumbs, etc). And I sniff the sheets to see if there is a clean smell (I'm just super paranoid).

I did not like that one of the hand towels was dirty; there was make-up on it. It was obvious that the housekeeper put the towel back on the bath bar. I put it on the bath counter top for her to pick up, but when I got back to the room, she put it back on the bar.The tub did not look too clean to me. There were a few strands of hair. I clean the toilet just to make sure it was clean. I wish I did not have to do all of this, but since it wasn't a 4 or 5 star hotel, one can only expect average or below average housekeeping. Lastly, they want you to reuse your towels, which isn't bad, but this was something new to me. However, I was given new towels whenever I left the dirty ones on the floor (which I did not do with the dirty hand towel).

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there mainly because I had a good time with my family and did not spend much time in the hotel. But I may not go back because of the dirty tub and towel.

Room Tip: You may want to stay on the upper floor because if you are on the very bottom, you'll be able to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer M, General Manager at Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you queline213 for choosing to stay with us. Although you enjoyed your stay, I am disappointed to hear about the issue with housekeeping. Yes, we do encourage guests to reuse towels, but if the guest does not want too and leaves them on the floor, we replace them daily. This problem has been adressed with housekeeping. Thank you for staying with us and please consider us on your next trip to Denham Springs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham Springs
#36 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Sleep Inn South
Sleep Inn South
#27 of 77 in Baton Rouge

Been to Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East? Share your experiences!