“Disgusting Smoker's Paradise!”

Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was the worst Days Inn I have ever stayed at. My teenage daughter and I arrived late to the hotel and we were stick in a smokers room! No other rooms available. The room was disgusting and the nicotine covered everything in the room. No amount of deoderizer helped. There were cigarette burns on everything...even on the tub! The next morning couldn't come fast enough and we literally ran out of there, no breakfast, no good bye! Please stop letting people smoke in hotel rooms its gross and a fire hazard....Get up to speed with the times! Smoking is so 1970's! Will NEVER return to this location. Did I mention it was GROSS!!!!!

2  Thank Kacie W

Reviewed October 17, 2013

1  Thank Boyd A
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Reviewed October 15, 2013

First room smelled like the carpet was wet and did not smell great. We had to move to a second room that didnt smwll much better. The bathrooms needs to be updated and cleaned properly. Itt smelled like urine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joi L
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had stayed at this property a few years back and didn't recall any issues, so I had no problems selecting it again. We are not super picky travelers and basically look for a clean, comfortable room. I regret to say this was the not the case this time.
The staff was super nice and this is no reflection on them. We had items in our car and wanted to watch it, so we were moved to a room where our car could be within viewing distance. When we walked into the room, the musty, mildew odor could knock you over. Still optimistic, we turned the AC on cooler and went to dinner. We even bought some air freshener while we were out to help. Upon our return, the smell was just as bad, so we sprayed, hoping this would help. We watched a bit of tv and after giving it an hour or so and no improvement to be had, I went to the front desk and asked if our room could be changed. The desk clerk said they had just shampooed the carpet and had closed off the room, thus resulting in the smell. She happily changed our room and we went back to move our belongings. When I took my polo shirt out of the little closet, it was damp. So was my Vera Bradley bag, so the room definitely needed airing out. The second room had no odor, but I still did not feel comfortable, and I must agree with other posters that the beds we had were not firm and comfortable. I could hear the springs popping when I sat on it and the pillows were lumpy.
Again, this is absolutely no reflection on the staff, as they were very helpful, but the hotel overall needs an update. The decor looks very 90's, and although basically clean, it is showing its age. And the carpet cleaners need to air rooms out after servicing.

Room Tip: Rooms with lower numbers are nearer the interstate and sound might be an issue.