“Yuck!”

Motel 6 Denham Springs
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is definitely one of those places where you literally only sleep. Just sleep. Don't Shower, don't eat, don't linger.

Pros: *Location (near interstate and restaurants)
*Microwave and mini fridge in room
*Pool looked clean?
*Ice machine
*Young guy at the front desk was very polite

Cons:
*Smoke smell (even though we requested a non-smoking room)
*Burn holes in everything-- bed linens, lamps and lest we forget the burnt mark on the floor where someone had apparently tried to iron
*Not positive if my sheets had ever been cleaned
*No soap or shampoo in room had to ask at front desk and then only rec'd literally one bar of soap (for 3 people)... no shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc.
*Blown light bulbs in some of the lamps
*There was no way to close the curtains... there were sheers up but no way to close the black out shades (the track literally did not allow you to close them all the way)
*Outdated (but that's just a side note)
*"Hot" breakfast consisted of scrambled egg squares? like the kind they put on fast food sandwiches and "gravy" (read: water with meat in it)
*Mold in/around shower

Basically, if you need someone to sleep for a night or two this will suffice but wouldn't recommend for an extended stay. P.S. I think we paid about $120 for a double room with the aforementioned "amenities."

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
magnusonhoteldenhams, Webmaster at Motel 6 Denham Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to completely meet your expectations and hope you will stay with us again to see how we’re always improving. In many cases, we successfully meet the needs of our customers, but I apologize for any ways we fell short in your case. You will be most welcome if you choose to stay with us again.

Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Denham Springs

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The room appears clean however the fixtures, carpet, and paint are old. The bathroom light had no shade/cover on it. At $109 per night, I would rate this as a poor value for the money. BTW, they pre-charged my credit card for my entire 3 night stay before I checked in.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank OakWrangler
Britt T, General Manager at Motel 6 Denham Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for your comment regarding our rooms! I appreciate your comment on the cleanliness of the accommodation. We are and have been updating the rooms as we are able. This includes a fresh paint scheme and fixture updates. The carpet is a project we are considering during the next few months. If your room had a boxed area around the microwave, that will come down and make the room much more attractive, when this is done the painting will also occur. We have completed about 75% of the rooms, and I am truly sad that we were unable to complete all work before the Bayou Countryfest, as I am aware the rates are a premium for this special event. Hopefully you will consider us again in the future,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Came into the area on business. Stayed long term at this property and a couple of nights at the Magnuson in Baton Rouge Loved the location and the great staff. My room was clean and freshly painted. The staff was very helpful in getting me information on the area and giving me good directions stay was perfect!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments! We always like to hear we are doing things properly. Come back when you are in the area.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Possibly an ok idea.... Lots of seasonal workers and company trucks. However, it's quite n the rooms are in ok shape still-clean. So, maybe another 4 months of sub-adequate..... Then the plunge to a hotel off Airline complete with US Marshall's driving through the parking lot.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Except for the sleep quality it was fine. Just wished the beds were better.. They seemed old.!
Otherwise for the price the room was no- nonsense decent.
The rooms are kinda near the road.. So can get slightly noisy!
Otherwise the room was pretty clean.

Stayed: December 2013
magnusonhoteldenhams, Webmaster at Motel 6 Denham Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for you positive and negative comments. We believe we provide a good combination of value and amenities. We evaluate beds frequently to make sure they still meet our standards and replace those that do not. While we can’t control any traffic passing outside, we can do many things to make stays pleasant and affordable. If we failed you in any ways, I apologize. I sincerely appreciate your comments.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I read reviews and was afraid! I was pleasantly Suprised. Hotel is descent, in a great area with Starbucks and chilis next door. Room was clean and a great value for 55.57!! What is it that people expect for a 49.00 room! I think they could charge 65.00++ for this one!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times in past month, booked once (most recently) with hotels.com. Arrived 4-5 hours later and the hotel did not have the reservation from hotels.com.. Note: Hotels.com is paid immediately upon making a reservation.. Fortunately, the hotel was able to book a similar room at a similar (same) price, but now I paid twice. The hotel told me all I could do was call hotels.com. The customer service person at hotels.com was very pleasant, apologetic and promised a prompt refund. The hotel: Very good for the price, and the staff is pleasant and works hard to accommodate the traveler's needs. 4 days later, there's still no refund from hotels.com and when inquiring, once they took the cancellation, there's nothing you can do. but listen to their computer. Book the hotel! Avoid hotels.com.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
#36 of 78 in Baton Rouge
Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
#48 of 78 in Baton Rouge

Been to Motel 6 Denham Springs? Share your experiences!