“Ok hotel.... ”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Houma, Louisiana
“Ok hotel.... ”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I am an easy person to please. With that being said, my door did not want to close all the way I had to pull it shut several times. My key card quit working on the 2nd day, at least 1 other person we were staying with had the same problem. Beds and breakfast ok. Overall good hotel with minor problems. We will stay there again.

Stayed April 2014
Stacey M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites, Denham Springs. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Georgia
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel is convenient located along the freeway, but far enough away to be quiet. Unfortunately the walls between the rooms are very thin and you can hear your neighbors talking (or TV). Clean rooms and relatively comfortable beds.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela T
Stacey M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will use your feedback to make improvements to ensure we offer each and every guest an exceptional experience in the future. We hope to see you again soon!!
Reviewed March 28, 2014

March 28, 2014 @12 midnight we made this hotel a midway stop on a 10 hour trip. The hotel's fire alarm startled my whole family at 4:56am. I contacted the front desk and spoke to Logan who was so short and nasty with me I was shocked. Again at 7:45am the fire alarm blares. I called the front desk to speak with a manager. Elsie didn't know the manager's last name (really). When I spoke with the manager (Michael) finally his attitude was basically-I don't have any control over the alarm. As much as my family travels I have never experienced such sour personalities in a hospitality industry. Nevertheless, I contacted corporate and they changed Michael's attitude by the time I checked out.

Signed,

Still Sleepy

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank FamilyRules40
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your stay at the hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Needed a last minute reservation. The staff was polite,helpful and ,friendly. The hotel is new so looks nice. Very clean. Good hot breakfast with attentive staff. Convenient location to Baton Rouge. Many nearby restaurants. will stay here again

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn M
Kayla J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel, and for sharing your experience publicly. You feedback is very important to us here at the Comfort Suites. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2014

After a long day of being on the road we decided to exit at the first set of bright lights that we saw. Since we were not familiar with the area we were very pleased to find it filled with lots of food and hotel options. We chose this hotel for several reasons: The hotel is new (opened in 2013), all the rooms are actual suites with the price of a regular room, it included; a sofabed, 2 queen beds, a workstation, a fridge, a microwave, a huge bathroom, and free breakfast.
Both the night and day desk clerks were very friendly and helpful in getting our 2 families settled in. The breakfast was pretty good and included several hot and cold choices. We did not use the pool or gym/room during this stay but we could definatly stay here again.

Room Tip: Check out CHOICEhotels.com. They have a free rewards program and offered the same price as Priceline...
Kayla J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments are very important to us. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms and all of the great features out hotel has to offer. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon and if there is anything we can do in the meantime, please let us know!
Rather be in WDW
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very nice stay -- reasonably priced, well located for the reason we were there. Staff was super friendly/helpful. Breakfast was adequate, would have like to have seen a little variety from one morning to the next. Had some issue with the door closing, but not a huge deal -- just had to "muscle" it a little. Very clean, well set-out room. Right next to the elevator, so I was worried about the noise -- it was not an issue. Would stay there again.

Kayla J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Whittier, North Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was relatively new and a good location. My husband and I drove 550 miles to Louisiana for the funeral of a dear friend. Upon check-in on Super Bowl Sunday evening and unpacking all of our belongings into the room, as we were leaving to go eat a late dinner, the door would not lock from the outside. I called the front desk for assistance and was told there was no one to check it and all he could offer was changing to another room on a different floor. So back down for a luggage cart to move all our belongings to another room with no assistance. Too late by then for dinner in a restaurant so on to a grocery store for sandwich makings--Turkey sandwiches for dinner after a long, tiring day.

All was well in the new room until the second room until my husband was in the shower and sparks were spewing from the bathroom overhead light which shorted out all the lights and circuits in the bathroom. Again, the front desk person attempted to fin the breaker with no luck, so we had to get the luggage cart and move and organize our belongings again with no assistance.

Upon settling again in the third room on Tuesday, we realized the inside deadbolt wouldn't lock. Notified the front desk, but told him we just couldn't move again. I was tired and hungry and wanted a cup of yogurt from the kitchen area and the refrigerator was locked so I asked the 11pm front desk attendant if he could please open the fridge so I could get a cup of yogurt and he said "we're not serving breakfast now and he couldn't open the fridge" I explained that I was tired from moving yet to another room and just wanted yogurt--he repeated the same answer so no yogurt for me. He was just rude!

I emailed the assistant manager about the problems but got no response so we talked to him in person the next morning, telling him about the issues we had been experiencing and asked him to comp a room charge for one night, but he said that he could only give us a $9 reduction in the rate for that night any additional nights we mat decide to stay. We thought was quite inadequate to compensate for the inconveniences we had endured. We left the hotel for a meeting a few minutes after 10 am, making sure to take the do not disturb off of the door and left a gratuity for the housekeeping as we always do, but upon our return around 6pm, the key cards had been disabled so back down to the lobby to get the cards and upon entering our room, it had not been cleaned. Again a report to the front desk attendant who checked with housekeeping who told him our do not disturb sign has on, which we both knew it wasn't. All they could offer we're towels, toilet tissue and coffee.

This a beautiful hotel with very comfortable rooms, but they have no maintenance person on staff and usually one front desk assistant.

Room Tip: Wait until all the kinks are ironed out before staying at this hotel. Our friends had a very simila...
1 Thank laretiree
Nicholas W, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
On behalf of the entire team at the Comfort Suites, I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Guest service is the number one thing we strive for, and I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I have spoken to the staff to ensure none of these issues occur again within our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham Springs
Quality Suites
#34 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Best Western Plus Regency Park Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!