Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This motel is very nice and the breakfast is quite good. We have stayed here before and will do so again. Like most motels, their breakfast does not have syrup for diabetics so the waffles or pancakes cannot be eaten. We found that both Google and Map Quest driving directions were wrong, resulting in our making wrong turns. The restaurant next door is very good. so you don't have to drive somewhere for dinner.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great value. Updated, clean, comfortable hotel. Near interstate, but, the business/noise was not bothersome personally. Great breakfast, free wi-fi. Would stay here again when visiting Denham Springs.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We usually stay here when visiting children in Denham Springs. Always receive good service and great full, hot breakfast. Convenient right off I-12. Good shopping and good restaurant selection. Have stayed there before and will stay again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was not expected Best Western is a motel... We stayed on the first floor . The foot steps from the second floor were so loud, we thought the ceiling would fall down. The bed sheet has shoe print on it...dirty.. For breakfast, they served water down orange juice, out of milk ( how can you eat cereal without milk?), the warmer is not quite working or they served egg from yesterday. It is cold. I feel very unsafe, since my room is locked with thin door and facing parking lot... I will not stay with Best Western any more..

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel...
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I usually stay at a 'points' system hotel. Also, usually paying more for the points, although they are 'free'. Taking a chance here, as there were no other hotels available within the hotel chain I usually stay, and it was getting late. You will not be disappointed if you are just staying for the night on your way to somewhere. The room was clean, included a fridge and a microwave, even a safe! Flat screen TV, free wi-fi...all the 'amenities' you need. Front desk person, a true Louisiana native and fan, was exceptionally pleasant and attentive, even though she was extremely busy with phone - lots of people looking for rooms this evening...Lots of restaurants nearby, and pizza delivery if you don't want to go out. Just reserve here, and you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: If it is last minute, and it has not been reserved by someone who needs it, ask for a handicapped ac...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The hotel was centraly located for our needs. Plantations, USS Kidd and New Orleans. At a reasonable price.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Room ( King - non smoking) was clean and fully met our expectations. There is no elevator, but that was not a big issue even though we were on the 2nd floor. Parking was no problem and the general area gave me no security concerns. Plenty of places to eat nearby, Dons seafood is nextdoor to the hotel. For a sports bar atmosphere the staff suggested "Big Mikes" about 2 blocks away- and having the peanut bacon burger- it was SUPER GOOD.
The breakfast at the hotel is good enough to get you going and the eating area is pretty good size.
Granted this is not a BW Plus- but it ihas been kept up, clean, priced right and in a good location.
Will book again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Request a first floor if you don't like a few stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was passing thru on my way to Birmingham. The hotel was hard to find base on my map directions. So I call the hotel several times without getting an answer. When I finally arrived, she was sorry for not answering the phone. I went to the hot internet to book my reservation thru southwest but there points were too low so I went thru BW. The internet would not allow me to book it thru BW at the internet rate. I check in thinking that I was going to get the internet rate which was about $8 less but found out differently after check out. I was refunded the difference after a long discussion with the manager. Even though I was not able to get internet service, Sarah was very concern and knocked $10 off my price. She also was very helpful after the breakfast items ran out even though she was at the front desk. On my way back from Birmingham, I stayed here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#35 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Days Inn Denham Springs-Baton Rouge East

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!