“all that it should be....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Denham Springs

Candlewood Suites Denham Springs
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Manchester, United Kingdom
“all that it should be....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed as a platinum ihg member. Easy checkin for my room with 2 doubles. This part if the chain is longer stay but we only stayed the 1 night. Great bed, geat aircon too. The kitchen was very clean and was all inclusive in terms of equipment. A great place although the wifi was flakey at times. There are at least a dozen other places within half a mile along with plenty of chain eateries for brekky.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had reason to be in Denham Springs for a weekend and choose the Candlewood Suites for lodging - a bit of a flyer for me since I had previously not stayed in this brand. I was pleasantly surprised. Room was spacious and well-appointed, including a kitchenette with all of the essentials. Service was excellent and attentive. Common areas were clean and useful, including a decent basic fitness center, laundry, and an on-site "store" with snacks and drinks. A great value that I would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Walkab0ut1
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We spend 2 nights in this hotel, one when we were driving from Laredo,Tx to Orlando, and when we were driving back. Hotel is clean, nice facility and easy to find. Close to IHop (open 24 hrs!), Subway, Sams, Walmart, Wendy's, etc. Was very convinient for our family that was only to sleep and continue our long driving. Clean and quiet place!!! Service was amazing!! First night I forgot a package that I needed at Orlando, and next day when I contacted the Hotel they help me to get the package by UPS and arrived at Orlando just when I needed!! Thank you Elisa!!! Great people, great service!!!! THANKS!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room at the 3rd floor and they give us a room beside the other family we were traviling wit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Chivamayor
Mandeville, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff was friendly but the management needs to understand the importance of promptly resolving a problem when one arises. I only stayed at this hotel one night and it was not a good experience. At 10pm the fire alarms started going off and continued past 1am. Every time I went to the desk to see when the situation would be taken care of, I was given a different reason for the fire alarms going off. The manager finally arrived at the hotel at 12:30am and was more irritated that she had to come to the hotel to deal with the situation. Finally a little after 12:30am someone was called out to "override" the alarm. Apparently the manager can't do this. Needless to say I was only able to get 4 hours of sleep that night. I have called the guest relations to make a complaint and have not received a response yet. I probably won't stay with this chain in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denham Springs, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Nicole M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking time to help us to continually improve our guests experience.

I apologize for the inconvenience the fire alarm has caused you and regret that this has negatively affected your stay with us. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mandeville, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Fairly clean at 1st glance. Walked around my room barefoot for a while... Looked at my feet - black from the filty kitchen floor. Probably mopping every kitchen on that floor w the same dirty water.

I almost never complain ab noise , but you can hear everything from above and rooms on both sides.

Area is decent and safe.

Would stay at another hotel if i had the choice.

Not worth the money.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pauleskine
Elysian Fields, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I think, when I have the option, that staying at Candlewood is always a great thing. This one has an unusual feature- an attractive lobby! The rooms are great, easy to be in and comfortable as always. Staff is top-flight and I noticed that at supper time, they had ordered in a ton of pizza for the guests. I noticed this as I was hauling in my supper from across the street! Darn!
I have not a single negative thing to say. If you have never stayed in a C.S.- give it a try. This one is a good example of why you should consider this chain over your typical one. The rooms are always remarkably attractive. Very cool layouts- not what you expect (the "box"). If you have to stay more than a single night you will be VERY happy you chose this place.
I travel non-stop for work. I know a good place when I see one! This is one of them!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim H
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Overall, this hotel was "nice", but not worth the $130.00 price tag. The room was very large (king studio suite) and clean. But there was no masking the horrible damp, musty smell in the room. Even the bed linens were damp and smelled musty. Is there a hotel room anywhere in the State of Louisiana that is not damp and musty???? This hotel had window box AC units. These old style AC units never seem to work correctly.

The front desk clerk was nice and professional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Austin7878
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denham Springs, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Austin7878,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very pleased that you have rated us with excellent scores on Location, Sleep Quality, and Service. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the smell in the room may have caused you. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Janice A.
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#34 of 77 in Baton Rouge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Walker Denham Springs Area

Been to Candlewood Suites Denham Springs? Share your experiences!