“Very nice room in Delhi, LA” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Delhi Inn
BEST WESTERN Delhi Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delhi
Colorado
“Very nice room in Delhi, LA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2005

We arrived at the BW Delhi around 8 p.m. without a reservation. We were welcomed by the staff. The hotel is right on I-20, so we requested a quiet room. There are two portions to the hotel. One is two-story and the other is one-story. It looks like the two-story building is newer, so I was disappointed that our room was in the single-story building, but the one-story building is farther from the interstate. I figured the room would be pretty ordinary and older, but I was wrong. Our room was very large, and had clearly been renovated. The furnishings were new, in an interesting art deco style. The arrangement was excellent with a sitting area at the front of the room; the vanity, microwave, fridge and bathroom in the middle; and the sleeping area with king-size bed at the back. Since my husband often gets up during the night and reads, having the bathroom between the bed and the sitting area was great--he didn't wake me up when he got up!
There were two TV's, one in the sitting area and another in the bedroom. There were bright reading lamps above the bed, as well as lamps over the night stands. The closet was enclosed--much nicer, in my view, than having your clothes hanging in the room. The sitting area had a sofa, chair, coffee table and end table with lamp and phone--it was comfortable and usable. I also liked that the vanity was separate from the bathroom, with the toilet and tub/shower. since it's easier for two people to use with that arrangement.
The room was very clean. Often, the carpeting in even "better" hotel rooms isn't completely clean right next to the walls (my 'clean-meter'), but it was in this hotel. The bathroom was immaculate.
The things that keep me from rating this hotel as "excellent": countertops could stand to be upgraded; there were only 2 towels, 2 washclothes and 1 hand towel in the room and they should have been thicker; there was only one ice machine which was quite a way from our room; and all of the outside lights and the light over the vanity are fluorescent which I dislike. However, all other lights in the room were incandescent. I'm pretty tired of hotels trying to save money by substituting fluorescent bulbs in all the lamps, so I appreciated the incandescent bulbs at this hotel!

• Stayed December 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cindy_McM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2005

When I visit Delhi in order to visit my mother that is in the nursing home there I always stay at the Best Western Delhi Inn. The staff has always been so kind and helpful to me. When I arrive in town the room is always ready and if there is a problem the staff is more than ready to fix whatever is wrong. Once when visiting there the television was not working properly and the manager came and replaced the television promptly.

It's a great place stay. We stay in a room with kingsize bed and sitting area. We have a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room. We love the fact that we can have coffee in our room before going out to meet the world.

Thanks, Best Western Delhi Inn

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delhi
Holiday Capri Motel
Super 8 Tallulah LA
Super 8 Tallulah LA
#2 of 3 in Tallulah
The Mansion at Red Hill

Been to BEST WESTERN Delhi Inn? Share your experiences!