“Consistent Fine Dining”
Review of Latil's Landing

Latil's Landing
Reserve with OpenTable
Latil's Landing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Darrow
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Latil's Landing Restaurant is located inside historic Houmas House Plantation and Gardens. Dine in the intimate 250 year old rooms of the Mansion. Elegant, Romantic and great cuisine. Named one of the Top 20 restaurants by Esquire Magazine, and One of the Top 100 Restaurants of the World. Open Wednesday through Saturday Evenings, we offer both a 7 course and 9 course Tasting Menu. Each course allows guests to choose from several options. A dining experience to remember for a lifetime. Very romantic and great for celebrations.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've dined at Latil's Landing with a small group of friends and also for a romantic evening. Every time I feel spoiled and as if I've stepped back in time. The service is always excellent and the cuisine is among the best I've experienced in the world. The wine menu is extensive and I love the flavors of the chef's Nouveau Creole menu. The Lobster Risotto is my favorite dish.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

While researching unique dining places in the area I stumbled upon this hidden gem. We chose Latil's Landing although the plantations other restuarants were also appetitizing and tempting but needless to say we did not leave disappointed in our choice. Our eight course meal was adquently prepared and each plate left the palate amused and entertained. My husband added the wine pairing and the server was generous with the wine allowing him to try more or change out the wine he didn't care for at no extra charge. Plate after plate came out decoratively presented and tasted like a little piece of heaven. Now folks we have fine dinned in some of the most elobaorate of hotel restuarants from Bellagio in Vegas to Le Train Blu in Paris and Monte Carlo and this restuarants rivaled all of them. It is a must do experience if you're in the area. We are going back tomorrow for high tea /Sunday Brunch.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Set in the plantation house with superb views across the formal french garden this is an experience we will never forget. Excellent food, relaxed but formal. Our waitress did everything to ensure we had a good evening. This is not a place for a quick meal, this is a real evening out experience, romantic and leisurely. Advisable to book a room there or have a designated driver to truly enjoy the experience. The only disappointment was the attitude of the staff in the shop/entrance area who were rude when we arrived.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was our second visit to Houmas House and our second time dining at Latil's Landing. On both occasions, we had the chef's tasting menu. Seven courses. On the first visit, there was a lot of game and the wines he paired with were mostly reds. On the second visit, there was a lot of seafood and the wines were white or very light rose. I really don't know sufficient words to adequately describe the flavors in each course of either dinner. This chef is brilliant. The constantly surprising combination of flavors were magical. The servers were very knowledgeable and attentive. Dining here is more than a great meal, it is one of the best dining experiences of a lifetime. Thank you to the people at Houmas House and Latil's Landing.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I brought my friend to Latil's Landing for her birthday. I had visited alone a year ago and wanted to share the experience with someone! Our evening was filled with good service and an excellent seven course tasting menu. Not one bite of food fell short of delicious and some...crab and mango/avocado salsa , for example...were exquisite. If you're in southwest Louisiana, make the trip to Latil's. Definitely worth the drive.

Been to Latil's Landing? Share your experiences!