“WATCH THE CHARGES ON YOUR TICKET!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Eldorado Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Crowley
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“WATCH THE CHARGES ON YOUR TICKET!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I love the food here, but have been overcharged on my ticket....they throw in charges at the end. I was charged $6 for salsa & chips on my ticket. I tried getting it removed after I had paid, but it was stated I didn't order enough off the menu, so the $6 was for chips and salsa! I had stopped in for cheese dip for a snack...they automatically gave salsa.... BUT then charge $6!!!!!! BEWARE of phony charges!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kim44442

“Good News - The Best Mexican in Crowley. Bad News - The Only Mexican in Crowley.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is average, nothing really special. There was no real positive aspect to the restaurant. Well, the the beef fajitas were pretty good. They were sizzling hot and smelled wonderful.

Unfortunately, there were a few surprises or negatives during my visit:

- I went to the restaurant at lunch, but there was no lunch menu. Every Mexican restaurant in the country has a lunch menu. The lunch menu is a great way to exercise portion control.

- We ate along the window. Apparently, this was the favorite booth of an army of ants as we had to share our table with them.

- Your cologne/perfume is going to be replaced by whatever is cooking in the restaurant. Airing the garment out will not do - it will have to be laundered.

- El Dorado has a buffet. The words Mexican and Buffet do not go together. Eat at your own risk.

Just my two cents worth. Your mileage may vary!

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I get the ElDorodo's salad, trust me it will fill you up. With the beef steak" fajita meat" it's a knock out. When you get the grilled shrimp its real good but you have to pull the shrimp tails off your shrimp, real good but troublesome , the salad with beef, shrimp, or chicken is $11 bucks and very healthy and a great value !!

• Visited April 2013
Morse, Louisiana
“Cheap and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

OK. I like this place. It is not fancy and sometimes too warm in the summer, but these people have some good food! It is very well priced and your food is piping hot!! The Alombre (shish ka bob) is a huge meal and just fantastic! Their fried shrimp great! Just love everything I have gotten there! Good service too!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Catma27
Crowley, Louisiana
“AS GOOD AS ANY IN THE AREA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Mexican Buffets each week day for lunch, $9.99/each. Buffet has several offerings, including dessert and salad. (Shredded lettuce.) Good value.

Weekend fish & Mexican buffet on Friday night. This will run you $13.99/each. I think they offer a buffet Sunday at noon, but I may be wrong.

Menu is extensive. You can always order off it.

Best value on menu is the half order of their version of Nachos Supreme, from the appetizer menu. They also will substitue items on the meals. They're very flexible.

Food served is as good as any Mexican fare on I-10, west of Baton Rouge. Great Mexican restaurant for a small town.

Atmosphere is good though not well lit in dining room on the south side. Dining area is not always wonderfully clean. Menus are often sticky as are tables on occasion. Often, there is a fly or two that will hound you, if you sit at one of the "window" tables.

Staff friendly and accommodating. English is their second language, however.

• Visited September 2012