“Delicious etouffe!!”

Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious etouffe!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Cajun restaurant by I-10. I had a crab cake as an appetizer and it was good but the sauce on top was delicious, as an entree I had etouffe and it was oustanding. My husband had gumbo (no my favorite) but he loved it as well as the jambalaya. We are coming back !!!

• Visited April 2013

Morse, Louisiana
“Gumbo WOW”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is no truck stop! Treat yourself to great food at The Rice Palace in Crowley!! Their Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is the best and always tastes the same!! The Grilled Chicken is great too and their poor boys are bon temps!! Really all of the food is very good here! It is clean and has a nice atmosphere. Casual dining ! I like to go eat here!

• Visited March 2013
Crowley, Louisiana
“BEST CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO in Acadiana!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Growing up in SW Louisiana you become a professional taster of various styles of gumbo. THE best gumbo that I've had is at Rice Palace. It's available every Sunday on the soup and salad buffet. Hands down, best, richest, authentic gumbo. Don't be scared that it's a gas station, it's a local favorite on Sunday's after church.

Visited January 2013
Gold Hill, North Carolina
“Excellent Food, Service Not So Good”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband enjoyed the ribs (he ordered the sauce on the side as it is spicier than he likes) with a baked potato with the fixings, I enjoyed the salad bar with a bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo. The gumbo was delicious. The service is so-so; I got the impression that the majority of the customers were regulars and the staff spent quite a bit of time chatting them up. Our server did not take time to tell us about the salad bar or mention that I was able to serve myself; I was unsure if she would bring me a salad plate and a bowl or if it was serve yourself. It was not obvious to me and I needed to ask another server what to do. Over all the food was excellent and we would eat here again, but do not expect much from the wait staff and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“Late evening food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The only restaurant open after 9:00 PM that I could find in Crowley other than the fast food places. They had a Seafood buffet that was popular, but everything was fried and I am on a permanent diet so ordered grilled oysters from the menu. Tasty but very small and came with fried corn fritters.

Visited November 2012