“EWWWWWW!!!!!”
Review of Super 8 Covington

Super 8 Covington
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I am sorry, whomever thinks this hotel is acceptable is delusional. I wouldn't have even been here had I not been working, the second day here I woke up to bites, swelling, itching and rash on my arms and back. I didn't know what it was but happened to notice a bug crawling on the bed, I took a pic and looked it up. It is a bed bug!!!! I am checking out immediately. This place should be condemned. I have included the photos of the bug.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Debbie H
Super8Covington, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Covington, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Ms. Debbie,

I sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel. Bed bugs have recently been a huge issue in the hospitality industry and we have been taking every measure to ensure our rooms are completely pest free. Our accommodations are thoroughly inspected and treated on a weekly rotation by service professionals. Furthermore, we exceed the industry standards by using special linens and washing them at high temperatures to make sure situations like yours do not happen. Even with all of these precautions, a bed bug managed to slip through and survive in your room. Again, we apologize for your experience. Give me a call and I will make sure to personally take care of you next time.

Thanks,
Bhavin Chauhan

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We spent a night at the Super 8 in Covington, LA, on our way from Pennsylvania to Texas. After a long day of driving, we welcomed the clean and comfortable room which were above Super 8 standards. There was a nice basic breakfast in the large reception area. Staff was super nice.
Two issues we had however:
- very small pillows
- there were a lot of construction contractors overnighting at the hotel and they took a lot of parking spaces and hung outside until late, which did not make us feel really safe.
Paid $84.54 for the night which appears to be a bargain compared to other lodging options in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paris12
Super8Covington, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Covington, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for the positive review! We will look into finding a solution to the loitering problem. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at the Super * Motel in Covington, LA for a total of 9 months. From the room to the staff and especially the Manager I have nothing other than superlatives "Excellent, Outstanding, Beatifully maintained, Comfortable, can't wait to come back." The housekeeping staff are attentive and never pushy. From the front door you are made to feel at home. There is nothing that this staff will not do to make your stay enjoyable. The front desk staff are all excellent, they welcome you with a smile and are said to see you leave. The Manager, what can I say, he is what we have been looking for in a hotel manager and so much more. It is apparent in his staff. He has taken the time to put together a team of people who all have the same goal "YOUR COMFORT"

BRAVO SUPER 8 IN COVINGTON, LA !!!!!!!!!!
I will certainly be back

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank QBnPrdofit

Thank you!

Reviewed May 15, 2011

This is the best super 8 ive ever stayed in. Clean rooms, nice beds, and good service. stayed at this location for 3 weeks for work, and always got a good night sleep. very quiet and clean. Next time im in town, i will stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank traveler1607_32
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed here because we were visiting family. The rooms were not bad and seemed to be renovated recently. The price was lower compared to the other hotels in the area which was a plus also. Overall I was impressed with this Super 8 and nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kylec6
Super8Covington, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Covington, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you for the positive review! Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

Our family of four stayed in this hotel in June, 2010 as we passed through town. We campared it to other hotels in the area and chose it b/c it was conveniently located off of I-12, had continental breakfast, was $79 a night and the reviews looked okay. After our stay, I thought it needed an updated review.

Generally Clean, but overall maintenance needed: Our room was non-smoking but when we walked in the door there was a strong odor of cleaning products with the underlying smell of smoke. The carpet was bubbled in several places and there was mildew on the ceiling above the shower. The bathroom door had an indentation where it looked like someone had kicked it. The bathroom door had recently been repainted (cream over white) but there were several spots where the painter failed to cover the old paint completely. As far as general cleaning, the room was clean, which gave me the impression that local cleaning staff was doing their part. But it seems like management needs to do a maintenance overhaul on this particular room. It should be noted that there was a notice posted at the front desk, "if you smoke in a non-smoking room, a $500 cleaning fee will be charged." Looks like they were trying to prevent at least one problem we noticed.

Liked: The hotel was close to I-12 and priced cheaper than other hotels in the area. The ice machine was conveniently located and the small pool was clean and refreshing. Breakfast was fast, sufficient, and included. Appeared to be within walking distance of several restaurants. Our room had a small table and two chairs, as well as two double beds. Check-in/out was quick and easy.

Disliked: Several people just hanging out in the parking lot in the evening. They didn't look menacing and weren't noisy, but still. The next morning their trash littered the parking lot. One of the beds was very noisy. Disliked the overall lack of maintenance on our particular room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank WallaceGang
Reviewed November 18, 2007

This motel appears to be recently refurbished, probably due to Katrina.

I was impressed with my room. It had new furniture, carpet, paint, the works. It smelled like a new home. A very comfy bed, granite vanity-tops, nice towels. My room (standard king), had a dorm fridge and MW.

No complaints. It's on the north shore, 30 miles north of New Orleans. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: August 2007